Reminders Of The Past

Darius had brought Hunter into the Palistrom forest as to have a break from the house. He had known of Hunter's feelings of loss for Flapjack as they grew closer as father and son and had expressed his love for palisman making one time at the dinner table. Eda had also told him of her father that wished to continue the love for carving such creatures into the next generation of young witches. So as a treat, Darius offered to take Hunter to meet Dell and the Bat Queen to teach him. Luckily, he had already had a converstion with the Bat Queen on how he was forced to do all the terrible things he did, otherwise he might not even be alive. "Darius," Hunter wondered passing the tall blue trees. "Where are you taking me?"

"To someone who can really teach you how to carve Palisman," Darius replied, "Think of it as a treat for making me so proud with your test results." This made Hunter beam with joy, he had made Darius proud! This is one of the many reasons he'd rather stay in the Demon Realm than with the Nocedas. Camila was great, infact she was the first person to show him real parental affection, but Darius and Hunter knew each other more due to their time in the castle. "Why isn't Eber coming?"

"He's hanging out with his other friends but he will be home by the time we get home and he told me that he he would love to hear all about what you have been doing, atleat I think so. I've studied his language and I know most of it butlearning it for ten years doesn't exactly make you completely fluent," Darius remarked but Hunter knew that Eberwolf would love to hear about his day, atleast he hoped so. (He was right.) As they turned a corner, Darius started to say, "Hunter this is Dell Clawthorne, he and the Bat Queen will teach you..." however Darius' voice started to fade out as another voice interrupted him. "Hello, Hunter." It was Belos, but he had been defeated for six months now, he died right infront of Luz, Eda, King and Raine! They wouldn't lie! Hunter's breath started to quicken, his chest pained as if he had been running an entire marathon of Bonesborough. He start to walk towards Hunter with a smirk on his face. "Belos?" he said quietly, "Stay back! I'm warning you, go away, stay back I said, stop!" Hunter cried out, tears running down his cheeks and running of his scars, he backed into the trunk of one of the Palistrom trees, he could feel every wrinckle in its bark slammed into his back. Then he felt a gentle hand on his shoulder. "Hunter, breath. I'm here. Don't worry, I'm here with you." Darius'voice called out putting his other hand on his remaining shoulder. "Darius?" Hunter whimpered as he no longer could see Belos' image.

"Yes, I'm here. He isn't here, remember? He's dead, there's no need to worry," Darius reassured Hunter as he returned from his episode. Now he could see that it was not Belos in front of him but the Bat Queen with a suspicious but curious look on her face and she was towering over a man clutching onto a walking stick the size of a long branch and a large, white beard merged with his hair. He had a large scar over his eye and hands which he assumed rendered him from carving palisman due to the tremors in his hand. "Are you ok, son?" the man said.

"Yeah, sorry about that." Hunter appologised, ashamed of himself.

"No need to appologise, I'm just wondering if you're alright is all." This man seemed kid and compassionate. Despite the tremor, he reached out his hand to help Hunter up from the ground as he brushed the dirt off his trousers and wiped the tears from his face. "Are you ok? Do you need me here to be with you?" Darius asked concerned however Hunter knew that Darius would be missing out on a date he had over heard Darius talking to whome he assumed to be Mr. Blight due to him blushing whenever he scrolls through his Penstagram. "It's ok, I know you wanna go on that date with Mr. Blight," he replied. "How did you- it's not a- we can always reschedule if you-"

"Darius, I'm fine really."

"Are you sure?" Darius stressed

"Yes, I'm sure."

"Don't worry, Mr. Deamonne. Me and the Bat Queen will make sure he is nice and comfortable if he is ready to start carving," the man assured Darius with the Bat Queen nodding.