DRAWN TO THE SHADOWS

A/N: All these characters are found on Wookeepedia and are canon:)

A/N: Enjoy ꨄ︎ Votes/Reviews are so appreciated.

PART I

°:. *₊ ° . ☆  

Back straight,

shoulders poised,

beat off those sentients and pubescent boys.

  It had been her mantra for every odd and end job she'd had since she was 17 standard years. After her mother had passed from an incurable virus—it officially became her signature. Living in the industrial underbelly of Coruscant and it's crime-infested cesspool was anything but a luxury. It required one to have thick skin. A backbone that didn't bow to the notorious vigilantes the lower metropolis harbored.

  Unbeknownst to Coruscant security forces.

  From con artists, thugs and extortionists, they often brought their dealings into well established cantinas and clubs. As frequent regulars at the Outlanders Club, she'd learned a thing or two about their trades and deals, a well-oiled machine that worked the easily manipulated and naïve.

  From the upper levels that surveilled a wide-open scope of the main floor, she spotted Danny Faytonni. A lower-level con man of Courscant. Aside from perusing the most scantily clad sentients in the club, he was looking to attain a new victim to fill his pockets. The Corellian native thought he was conspicuous of his dealings.

  But it was obvious he wasn't working alone.

  Neon refracted off the muted, monochrome walls of the club's interior as his hands rested over the rail, dappling his lighter hair. As if aware of an unseen gaze, his dark eyes from above darted to her's, swiftly following her practiced actions as she approached a table occupied by a syndicate he was affiliated with below.

  "Four starshine specials and a glass of hooch." With practiced ease, she handed out the prism of drinks around the circle of patrons, one of which was her least favorite.

  Hat Lo.

  The self-proclaimed crime lord who thought himself superior—pathetically so—was nothing more than a chauvinistic thug.

  Hidden under an oversized cowl that was a clear overcompensation for his size, "Ah, Vinnic," Those beady blue eyes swiveled to the silver nameplate on her dress. "Thank you kindly, my dear. My poor Ayy Vida has been particularly parched."

  Inwardly she rolled her eyes, all too aware the fair-skinned humanoid knew her name. Still, he treated her like a stranger since she'd turned down the "opportunity" to work at his seedy establishment the Tri-forked Tongue. A cantina (brothel) that treated women like paid concubines. Such as the one perched on a stool aside him.