chapter sixteen: autumn

minji pov:

as the leaves slowly turn yellow, orange and red, the days get shorter and it's starting to get colder each day, i've grown much closer to hanni, especially since we basically have sleepovers every other day or so, i've also started liking her, like a lot.

since the time i had that picture of hanni crying in my head along with the headaches, i haven't once gotten that dream of hanni, or well, as i think it is hanni, i'm pretty sure that it was her though. every now and then, i ask myself why she appeared in my dream. i don't know if that question will ever get answered though.

right now, i'm supposed to do some work in english class, but i got too distracted thinking about hanni. speaking of, hanni asked me to sleepover at her's today, which we haven't done in a while since we usually sleep over at mine. i'm excited for it, even though it's just a sleepover between best friends, since she's inviting the whole friend group.

in the meantime, i decide to glance over at what hanni is doing, looks like she hasn't even started her work either, as her head is planted on her side of the desk, her chest heaving up and down steadily, that's cute.

"guys, look at hanni", i inform the three of them, who don't look very focused either (expect for haerin), "she literally fell asleep!",i whisper shout in their direction, getting hushed laughters from each of them.

during the season change, dani, haerin and hyein also grew a lot closer to hanni, since we spent most of our days and nights with each other, to which i find myself smiling to as i carefully, to not wake the sleeping dwarf up, put my hand over her limp one, fast asleep.

hanni is the best thing to ever happen to me, i don't ever want to lose her.