chapter twenty-seven: worry

hanni pov:

after minji left that day, i cried myself to sleep every night. it's not like i wouldn't have expected it, but i didn't expect for it to hurt so much.
it's now friday and minji has been distancing herself from me since we last saw each other on sunday.

the others are confused as to why the two of us are suddenly like this, but i can't get myself to tell them, they'll hate me as well. i barely even see minji at school, i only see her in some classes that we share, but even then, she never looks in my direction, it hurts too much.

"hanni, are you really okay?",dani warmly asks me, her hand stroking my arm in a worried manner as the other two worriedly look at me. i just nod, i can't get myself to speak, sending them a weak smile.

"han, you know you can talk to us about anything, we really want to help you",hyein encourages, getting nods in agreement from dani and haerin. i appreciate them so much, but they won't know how to help, there's no need nor use for their help anyway.

i get it, minji needs time to get her thoughts together, but it's going to be too late.
at the end of this week, i'll have to go back to heaven, my time here will be over. i did everything i wanted and needed to do;
i got minji back, even if it was just for a short while, i got three lovely best friends thanks to minji, lastly, i had a good time here and i finished my quest.

in the meantime, the bell rings, indicating the end of lunch, great, i have home economics with minji now, where she sits next to me, which will hurt even more. after putting our lunch trays away, dani, haerin and hyein walk me to my class, our arms linked like always.

3rd person pov:

as hanni sends a weak smile to her three best friends, she quickly scans the classroom, figuring out that minji hasn't arrived yet, which is a relief for hanni. once the vietnamese girl sits down at her desk, she looks out of the window, no thoughts, just observing the trees' leaves disappearing from the trees, falling down to the ground.

suddenly, someone sitting down next to the girl brings her back to reality; kim minji, looking as pretty as ever. their eyes lock for a moment, but the latter (minji) quickly looks away again, acting as if she's looking for something in her notebook.

but the vietnamese never takes her eyes off of the taller girl, watching her every move. just for a moment, she thought that minji smiled at her, only momentarily, then looking away again, this confuses hanni immensely, does minji forgive her?

again, hanni looks out of the window, finding herself smile at the thoughts running through her head: 'maybe minji will come back, just maybe.', she thinks to herself, the possibility of it being relatively big.

in the meantime, minji looks at the shorter with a sad smile formed on her lips, which fortunately goes unnoticed to hanni, as the korean girl would probably begin crying if the latter would look at her again.

minji looks straightforward, her eyes focused on the white board in front of her, as she thinks deeply about something, she then realises something:
'hanni, my hanni, i love you. i need you.'