Stupid Girl- 17

Author's Note: my inspo for Elysia :)

"What's the point of taking me hostage?" Amy grumbled, standing beside Elysia and Keefe while Fitz, under Elysia's orders, searched the house for any trace of Sophie. They stood just outside, on the wooden porch while Biana lounged on the swinging bench. Clouds overhead hinted at an approaching storm. 

"You're not a hostage," Elysia said. "We just wanna make sure you aren't lying to us. If Sophie wants her sister back, she'll turn herself in." 

Amy's fists clenched, wishing she were an inflictor right then. Screw rules, she'd have hit Elysia with enough pain to keep her unconscious for the next thousand years. Or a pyrokinetic. An image forming in her head, Amy grinned. She'd finally be able to call herself hot. 

"So, I'm not here to help with the investigation?" Using Sophie's emotions against her? And Amy was the bait? That was even worse---not that she could do anything about it. Nevertheless, Amy would get her revenge. Somehow. 

Fitz soon emerged from the building, his expression unreadable. Was he relieved that Sophie was safe from Elysia? Or was he worried that she was still missing, her condition unknown. No matter which it was, Amy understood. Sophie was out there, somewhere. Maybe she was scared for her life. Maybe she was lost, struggling to find a safe place. There were so many possibilities, and all of them had a negative ending. Because she was out there, completely alone with no way of making money and without friends. 

"It's empty," Fitz confirmed, and Elysia groaned. 

"I'm sure you're just tryna be nice to you're girlfriend's sister. Let me double chec---"

Abilities or not, friend of the council or not, Amy refused to let that slide. Blocking Elysia's path, Amy's stuck her arms out and gave the death glare of her life. "No." She stood firm. "You can take me wherever you want. You can order us around. You can even insult me. But you will not touch me, my house, and until we've heard Sophie out, my sister. You break any one of these rules, for even a second, or find a loophole I don't like, I will make sure you pay." Her eyes bore into Elysia's, knowing full-well she was untouchable. As a human, elven titles and laws meant nothing to her. 

Elysia's frown deepened, and her eyes lingered on Amy's for the longest time---trying to find a lie? It didn't matter, because she wouldn't find one. There was no teasing tone, or fake emotion behind her words, and both girls knew it. Relenting, Elysia retreated to Keefe's side. Meanwhile, the blonde girl gave Amy the biggest hug. "Can you be my sister?"

In an instant, Amy's anger melted as she accepted the embrace and giggled. Fitz and Keefe shared an impressed smile, while Elysia rolled her eyes. 

"What's your name?"

Marella frowned, though it faded just as fast and was replaced with a small smile. "Marella. Not Mare. Not Ella. No nicknames." 

"Whatever," Elysia growled. "Let's report back to the cou---"

Lights flashed, and Biana appeared. 

˙✧˖°📷 ༘ ⋆。˚⊹₊❀[ ◉¯]❀₊ ⊹📸♡ ̆̈📂✰˚ ༘ ೀ⋆。˚

Elysia's head faced the sky as she sighed with relief. "Finally! Someone useful! What'd he say?" 

Shifting her weight from one foot to the other, she tried a smile. "It's done. Cameras have been placed outside the house, in every room, and all of them are hidden. They're connected to this device here." Biana dug through her pockets, pulling out a larger silver screen that resembled that of a human tablet, though with fewer buttons and more wires. "It'll chime when activity is detected."