Chapter One : Daffadual Mansion

The ride was bumpy. All the Arley descendants had massive headaches and empty stomachs. It was especially crowded in the car since there's five of them.

Children, we have arrived. Says one police officer. The Arley children used to live in the warm and sunny Florida, but after the death of their families, three months later they found out about their distant uncle, Ambrose Nyx Daffadual who lived in England.

Chloe was the eldest out of the five of them (one year older than Payton) while Payton, Ava, and Landen were born in the same year but each one month apart. Jude was the youngest, being one year younger than Payton, Ava and Landen

The children's heritage was Hmong which isnt very common amongst people. They also had the same traits as each other. Brown eyes and black hair.

The children grabbed their bags and went onto the grey marble front porch to ring the doorbell but before they could. BOOM! A massive explosion was heard as Ambrose emerged from the smoke.

My apologies, I was trying to bake a-a welcome cake for the children but fell asleep. Ambrose shrugged. He began dusting himself off and allowed the children into his home.

It was dark and creaky. Cobwebs filled every corner, the dust level was unimaginable, random books and papers were everywhere, but it was a large place that seemed filled with good memories.

Quickly Ambrose ran up a giant grand staircase and headed back down to the children and officers with sweat dripping down his face.

Welcome children, Welcome. I apologies for the Umm. Mess Ambrose said. Ambrose cleans and moves around papers.

Ambrose was a tall thin man with a large overgrown beard. His hair was naturally white with pink and orange tips. Ash covered his arms and face, but his eyes had a deadly stare. His eyes were purple, but it had a glimpse of red.

I think that were all just glad to have somewhere to stay. Ava stated with an uneasy smile.

Ambrose nods and leads them around the staircase to the living room so he can speak to the officers. Here is all the paperwork and all of my IDs.

The officers and Ambrose began talking about the adoption requirements and how they would do random check ins for the first two months so if everything went well, the kids would get to stay. The officers left as everyone else bid them farewell.

Ill have the place cleaned up. Why dont we go put your bags upstairs? The five grab all their bags and follow Ambrose to go to the bedrooms they will stay in.

This guy looks so cool! Just look at his hair. If I could, I would kill to do my hair like that!

Jude! He looks cool, but we should be careful about what we say. We dont even know this guy yet. Landen says.

Ambrose leads them up a dusty grey grand staircase and takes one right turn to a hall with four bedrooms. Every bedroom is the same size but with a different colored door. The closest one on the left is bright green, closest on the right is emerald green, farthest on the left is royal red, and farthest on the right is a dark blue. Each had a rustic look with scratched paint.

Here are the four bedrooms you all will stay in.

Um, there are five of us. Chloe said.

Oh, I mustve missed read. I could have sworn the paperwork said four! Ambrose contemplated in confusion.

There is an attic two floors above us. Or the garage. Be careful of the spiders though.

The house is so big. Dont you have any other spare rooms on the second floor or something? Ava questioned.

All of those rooms are occupied. Do not question me further. Take what you wish.

Ill take the attic while you each take a bedroom.

Uh Payton, dont you think it would be better if you- I call the brighter green door room! Jude stated in excitement as Chloe looked at Jude.

What? This is the first time I have gotten my own room. Plus, I get to add all my favorite stuff in it too!

Payton walks to the staircase and says, Ill head upstairs to the attic then.

Ill take the other green room then! Ava states. Then you can have the blue while I take the red? Chloe asks as Landen agrees.