Chapter Two : The first dinner

Payton walks up a rusty spiral staircase.

Why would he need to occupy all those rooms? Payton questioned herself. Before she knew it, Payton hit her head against a fallen board and tripped over a carpet. As she lay on the floor, she saw a bright yellow door with strange markings around it. She got up and began walking closer to the door and touched the knob.

Payton flinched when Jude came up and said Payton! We got to go eat dinner downstairs. Are you okay?

Jeez, you scared me!

Sorry, do you need any help?

I just got a bit distracted. Ill just drop my stuff off in the room and head downstairs in a second.

Okay, also where did your bracelet go?

What do you mean my bracelet? Wait, I just had it on. Did you pick pocket me again?

Why of course not, I am a magician. Did you forget?

One day youll have to teach me how you do it. I barely felt it come off. Payton said as Jude gave her back the bracelet.

A magician never tells his secrets. See you downstairs! Jude says while running down the staircase.

A loud creak came behind Payton and the attic was open. It was a large and warm place. The yellow glare of the sunlight made it feel like how everything was before. Back when the childrens parents were alive. Many boxes scattered the room taking up about half the space with cobwebs at every corner but no spiders in sight. Another thump came from the wall this time and a little door had creaked open.

In the Daffadual dining room

Sorry for the wait. Payton says.

Dont worry. Also, try this porridge it is so good. This is probably the best meal ever! Landen exclaims.

Lets move on to the important stuff now. Ambrose states. I believe you have many questions so you may ask some questions until dinner ends. Agree? Everyone nods in agreement.

How come weve never met you before? Jude asks.

Your grandparents had a grudge over my parents, so they never let you meet me.

Whats your job?

I am a retired construction designer and worker.

Did you inherit or buy this house?

It was inherited.

How did you get the house clean so fast?

I have workers.

How did you dye your hair? It looks awesome!

It was back in my earlier days when I was a teenager. Ambrose states proudly.

Lets get onto more important business now. I will just say this very straight forward alright?

The children nod in agreement to Ambrose.

You are witches and wizards. Landen you are a half blood. Ava you are pureblooded. Payton, Jude, and Chloe you are mud bloods, but your grandparents have a long line of wizards and witches that are pure, half, and mud blooded. I have faith to believe that you each will be given an invitation to go to Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry so you may learn to expand your magical abilities.

WHAT!? Everyone shouts.

This is so exciting! Payton exclaims. No this isnt. Ambrose, I think youre going crazy or something. Witches and Wizards arent real. Like, what the fart nugget! Chloe states.

Chloe, after everything thats happened, Im willing to believe what Ambrose said is true. Ava states.

I also heard my mom yell out the word Expecto Patronum before that weird ghostly figure appeared in the crash Landen recalls.

That is a spell used to cast away the mythical creatures known as dementors. Dementors are quite chaotic creatures that can take your soul within a second.

When Ambrose finished speaking, he pulled out a stick that was carved in an interesting way and said Expecto Patronum A giant blue light flew across the ceiling in the shape of a scorpion as all the children look in awe at the sight of such a magical thing.

I think its time for sleep now. Everyone upstairs! Ambrose says with a wide grin.

Everyone agrees and walks upstairs except Chloe who is told to stay back.

Chloe, if you receive a message from an owl, give it these worms. Also, tell me immediately because I believe you may receive a message about attending Hogwarts.

Of course. But I still dont believe the being a witch part. Those couldve been projectors of something. Chloe says while walking away.