Chapter Three : In the attic

It was 12:23 in the morning when Payton was up laying in her luggage bed wondering about the open door across from her.

I might as well just look at what this door holds now then later. Payton thinks to herself as she picks up a fallen piece of wood and opens the small door.

As she got up and approached the door without realizing what dangers it might hold, a beaming light that looked like the aurora borealis filled the attic. Payton was strangled by a floating necklace. Constantly she tried to get it off, but she ended up fainting unconscious on the floor.

While Payton was unconscious, in her mind she saw four human figures appear before her. Out of nowhere, each of them showed her a different kind of jewel. A lady in purple holding a necklace, a man in green holding a ring, another woman in blue holding a hair clip, and another man in pink holding a bracelet.

Wake up! Wake up! Ambrose yelled as Payton was slowly raised up by Ambrose to sit on the bed.

What happened? Payton said with a pounding in her head.

With a cheerful smile, Ambrose practically danced asking How did you get the necklace to awaken? I could barely open the box!

I didnt do anything. I just opened up the hidden door because I was curious about it, and it was open before I went downstairs to dinner.

Payton, you have been given a gift. One that is so powerful that no one has unlocked for centuries. Do you mind if I can see the necklace?

Of course. Payton says blankly. She didnt even realize that the necklace was on her until Ambrose asked.

Before she gave the necklace to Ambrose, the box that had contained the necklace turned into a female figure with bright radiance and spoke words that only Payton could understand.

YOU MUST FIND THREE OTHERS, WHETHER THEY ARE A WITCH OR WIZARD, TO TAKE THE PLACE OF THE PAST BEHOLDERS AND LEAD ON OUR LEGACY! WHEN YOU DO, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO EXPAND YOUR ABILITIES GREATER THAN BEFORE! BUT YOU MUSNT SHARE YOUR ABILITIES AND THE INFORMATION IVE TOLD YOU TO ANYONE. INCLUDING YOUR FAMILY UNTIL THE TIME COMES! I SHALL LEAD YOU INTO THE DIRECTION THAT YOU MUST FOLLOW. GOODBYE FOR NOW

As soon as the figure stopped speaking, turned back into a box, and closed shut.

Well? What did the box say? All it sounded like was gibberish!

Wait, you didnt understand what she said? Payton asks.

She? The leader of the Borealis Society was a man! Ambrose states

All she said was that with great power comes great responsibility. And that only the beholder of this necklace can contain and touch it or else the other person will be electrocuted. Payton lies.

Well, there goes my dreams. Off to bed now. Youll need rest cause tomorrow is a very busy day! Ambrose begins leaving the room while Payton sat on the bed in both shock and confusion.

Wait, what is the Borealis Society? And what powers does this necklace have?

That is something you should concern yourself with in the future. I dont know of what powers it contains either but for now, keep the necklace safe. Ambrose sternly says and walks away.