「Fragment II」Relentless Evil

Orario's current state was far from its former glory hailed as the center of the world.

   The damage caused by Evilus was worse than she had expected, which contribute greatly to the present. And with only a pair of hands, Alice knows very well about the limits of what she could do to fix it. But she is not discouraged, and will never be. Beside, she is not alone, as there is also the Adventurers which tried to do their best for the city.

   But again, with her basically just a nameless in this place, her actions wouldn't have any significant ripple to change Orario conditions for the better, as one will never be enough to face many.

   "I need, allies, to do my bid. . ." Alice muttered.

   However, joining a well known Familia will only hinder myself. . . A brand-new Familia would do better. But, that kind of Familia is full of hardship. . . and finally, is there any that is aligned with my motives?

   Troubled by this, Alice let out a long sigh. This one may took much more time than it would be.

   But amidst her pondering, there is a sudden shout followed by people running away, mostly civilian.

   "Evilus is here!! Run! Run!"

   "Quick! Get away from here!"

   "―Adios."

   . . . An attack? Alice thought with a frown. But without anymore delay, she stood up, moving quickly toward the center of this chaos.

. . .

   "Perish."

   With a single word, a gleaming blade moved, cutting through bone and flesh like a butter. Blood spurted out along with innards of a man. His eyes widened as he held his stomach which was wide open. The light of his eyes turned dull quickly, before he fell to the ground. A life lost, just like that.

   But while the man has fallen, a young lady in kimono doesn't let her guard down. Only after confirming that there's no longer enemies to fight that she grumpily sighed in frustration. "Tch. They are so annoying."

   "Agreed with that. How come they are so relentless? Its the tenth attack this month, and we have two more weeks. . . If this keep going on, i'll lost my good night sleep!" another girl with a red hair complained. "Ha-ah. . . Good thing that we ended it quickly this time."

   But then, there is a rebuttal from another girl with short stature―a Pallum with pink short hair. "No, silly Captain. Looking at the scale of this attack, they doesn't even try to win the fight."

   Hearing that, the red haired Captain turned silent, pondering for a moment before her expression fell. "This. . . You are right, Lyra. This much shouldn't be enough to defeat us, and they should have known. . . Unless,"

   "―Unless defeating us wasn't their true purpose." Lyra connected. "They want to terrorize the entire Orario."

   With the Pallum girl finishing her sentences, everyone felt a chill on their backs.

❖ ❖ ❖

   Looking at the dead bodies laying on the street, Alice turned grim. She had witnessed everything that happened on the very place.

   So, they are Evilus? A lunatic indeed. . . using their comrade for a sacrificial pawns. . . But the other group, they should be the renowned Astraea Familia, along with their red haired captain―Alise Lovell. . .

   "Scarlet Harnel, yes? A fitting, name." Alice commented, slightly amused with her antics.

   Turning back to the dead bodies, Alice fell into deep thoughts. It's not even the end of my second day. . .