「Fragment III.」 Act

In the end, the gentle Goddess still couldn't let a small girl doing things on her own during such a dangerous time. Even after Alice blatantly refused her invitation, which could be considered as rude, Goddess Astraea still promised that Alice could visit her Familia manor if a help needed. And knowing that it wouldn't hurt to have a helping hands in desperate time, Alice finally relented.

· · ·

· · ·

   Leaving Goddess Astraea, Alice finally take a breath of relief.

   While she had anticipated it beforehand, having a first time experience in talking face to face against a divine being could truly be exhausting, especially if one has some complicated circumstances.

   Knowing that some divine being could be morally detached, it was quite lucky because the first one she had just met wasn't a troublemaker, but a Goddess with gentle personality. She couldn't bring herself to imagine if it was the opposite.

   That, would be another level of headache, i didn't want to have right now, yes.

   As Alice managed to eases her thumping heart, she shifted her attention towards the pressing matter which can be explained in a single word; Evilus. Seems simple, yet wasn't easy, since they somehow managed to survive until the present.

   Taking a breath, Alice finally close her eyes; her minds started to work once more.

   To defeat an enemy, one need to know their enemy best.

   And Evilus. . . Their movement wasn't elusive, as their action reach as far as in broad daylight. But because of that their goal is also obvious, which is Orario downfall.

   Now, what is Orario? The purest form of it, the one even an ordinary people know?

   . . . The answer is a Labyrinth City, or simply a City. That's right. Orario is a city with people living in it, and it is also Evilus final target.

   Following it, the next question is how will Evilus plan their moves to destroy a city?

   While my understanding of them is quite limited. . , predicting it within the logical thinking of "someone whose desire to destroy a city" wasn't truly difficult. Alice thought.

   . . . Aim for every vital locations that is spreading through the entire Orario. Preferably one that has biggest impact on Orario overall condition.

   Cut their supply line; economical activities is one of the main gears that runs every civilization. Having them disrupted will make everything easier for the attackers.

   Among the other things, Evilus could also use Orario uniqueness to their favor; the Dungeon.

   As it is currently, Orario had their guards up. Surely, unless there's some internal problem, they will patrol every corner of the city. By then, it was only natural if the Guild is trying to keep powerful combatants on the surface as many as possible, by all means preventing them from diving into the Dungeon and leaving the city without a shield to defend themselves. On the other hand, as a result, the one that wasn't quite affected is Low Class Adventurer.

   As cruel as it was, with the existence of Falna which leads to a power gap created by Level Difference, they are currently nothing but a cannon fodder in term of combat effectiveness, even if they are still a way stronger than Falna-less combatants. So, instead of hampering their future potential, the Guild wouldn't mind to have them grow on their own. Hopefully having them bloom into another strong adventurer in the future.