4.

O'Nylee "Nicki" Maraj

My heels clicked against the cool pink colored tile, I held my head high, a confident smile on my face as I strutted into my Law firm "Maraj & Co"

My heels clicked against the cool pink colored tile, I held my head high, a confident smile on my face as I strutted into my Law firm "Maraj & Co". No matter what I went through in my personal life, at work I was a completely different person. I couldn't show that I was weak in anyway. I didn't need any of my employees to fall out of line. I didn't want to look like what I was going through, so if I had to fake it so be it.

" Good morning Mrs. Maraj- Collins", My new assistant Bia says excitedly as I walk over to her desk.

I laugh a little, Bia was just a few years younger than me. But she was one of most the sweetest person I have ever met, in such a long time. We hang out every now and then, but I don't want her to get to comfortable because I still need her to respect me as her boss.

" Bia, how many times do I have to tell you to call me Mrs. O instead ?" I ask her, smiling.

" You're right Mrs. O, how are you this morning?" She asks, correcting herself.

" I'm doing well, what about yourself?" I ask her.

" I'm doing well, how is Mr. Collins?" She asks.

" He's fine. He is actually going out of town for the reminder of the year for business", I say to her.

" Oh wow. That must be exciting for him, but also sad for you", she says.

" Yeah, totally", I say, lying through my teeth.

" I do have your coffee waiting for you, just the way you like it. Also two new cases on your desk, both are domestic violence cases", she tells me.

" Okay, thank you Bia so much", I say, nodding my head.

" No problem Mrs. O", She says smiling.

I make my way into my office, seeing exactly what Bia just said to me. First I grab my coffee, taking some sips from it, then I proceed to take one of the cases to read them, they were really intense cases. I decided to have them sent to my other employees who has been dying for a big break. I normally don't take too many cases now a days, I want to give other lawyers their chances. I only take a case if I was requested by the client.

" Mrs. O, theres someone here to see you", Bia says rushing into my office, excitment all over her.

" Who is it?" I ask her, confused on who could be stopping by.

" Come see for yourself ,you are going to gag", she says as she rushes out.

I chuckle, getting out of my seat. It probably was another basketball player, I got those guys to come through here often, especially that Ja Morant chile. Or maybe it couldve been a Kardashian, I had one of them come in here before. But it wasn't. It was Drake. And he looked so good Chile. My heart started to race because I didn't think I was going to see him again.