Chapter 7: Puppet

I wake up and I'm stuck on a tree. Vines surround my body and the thorns dig into my skin. My vision is hazy and I close my eyes for some seconds to somehow fix it. I open my eyes again and I can finally see things clearly.

I look to my sides and see Merkan and Senakon also surrounded with vines.

Senakon looks kind of awake but he's still has his other eye closed. And Merkan is still passed out.

My head still hurts from all of the blood I lost.

Footsteps come closer and I turn my head to try to find where it's coming from.

"You shouldn't have done that. You should've surrendered."

The voice echoes through the woods.

"WHERE ARE YOU! YOU MONSTER."

I'm suddenly angry.. I can't forgive her for doing this. Doing this to MY FRIENDS!

"Calm down Nastal. We're fine! You're the one who fainted. You lost a lot of blood. You have to rest."

I look at Senakon. Relieved that he's okay. But I'm also mad.. for some reason.

"Aren't you mad that they hurt you guys?!"

"Of course I am! But I don't care if I'm hurt. I care about you more! If I could, I'd punch them with all my might! I hate them for hurting you." Senakon says

"And our friends of course!" Senakon added

"Please, just rest! That's all I ask. All we ask."

I feel bad for feeling angry so I just stop.

"I'm sorry for screaming."

"It's okay. You're just mad at them, it's okay!"

"Enough chit-chat."

The voice is different. It doesn't sound like the girl holding her throat. But the voice sounds so familiar.

I think back to what Senakon said.

"Wait. You said... them?"

"Yes. There are three of them. The girl holding her throat is Insanity. One of them looks innocent, they can shape shift I think. If I remember correctly, her name is Illusion. And the leader is called Chaos. A lot of arms and eyes."

Chaos? I think back to the motherlike person. She also had a ton of arms and a ton of eyes.

"Senakon.. do you think Chaos is the motherlike person?"

"YES! THAT'S HER! THAT'S WHY SHE SOUNDED SO FAMILIAR."

"I SAID ENOUGH CHIT-CHAT!"

"Insanity."

"Yes ma'am."

A piercing scream echoes and it just made my head hurt even more.

Senakon and I scream.

"SO LOUD..."

We look at Merkan and her ears were bleeding. She just... Stares at nothing. Her eyes, wide, full of fear.

"Enough."

"Yes ma'am."

"It hurts..." Merkan says

There are some rustling noise and I see them leave. Insanity stops for a second and looks at all of us. She stares at me and looks down at the ground and proceeds to follow Chaos.

I feel weird. I mean, why did she stare at the ground after she looked at me? Like she felt that she's guilty.

I wait for a few more minutes so I can try to escape.