Chapter 20

Chapter 20

2nd Life

Gaile Yunia

Hindi niya ako sinagot at humarap sa kanya. My grip shook.

Why... “Iana, I’ll come to you later. Gaile and I needs to talk first.” Kyran uttered with a disgustingly worried expression. I was stunned.

How could he... How could he show that vulnerable face to her?!

“But you’re h-hurt...” Sagot niya, she was about to cry. I bit my lip.

Disgusting. Disgusting... Disgusting! 

“I am fine. I have to talk with her.” Napalunok ako, hindi dahil sa sagot niya ngunit sa mahinhin niyang paglagay sa ulo ng babae bilang pampakalma.

He did not even do that to me, not even once. There was times when I also wanted to be rewarded or cared by him in our past lives. But never has he done that.

Lumakas ang kabog ng aking dibdib. Mixed emotions were getting to me.

Am I...gonna get abandoned again?

“If you say so.” A curve appeared at his lips at the slut’s retort. I frustratingly bit my lip, enough for it to bleed. “I will tell the head butler to bring aid for your hand.” Dagdag pa nito. My hands gripped harder when she reached for his cheeks.

This is hard to watch. I feel like I’m falling in the deep pit of darkness. How unpleasant...

“Thank you.” Kyran smiled again. I can taste my blood from the rough bite of my lip. Nang agad na nawala ang babae ay humarap siya sa akin. His face darkened as he look down on my bloodstained sword.

“Baroness Yunia, lower down your weapon.” Malamig niyang sabi.

“Yes.” With no resistance, I sheathed my sword. With my heavy heart, my gaze met him.

“She...was the one who cured me. Apparently, she found out about what happened to me and found the antidote for the poison. She is my savior.” He started to tell the situation. My heart went heavy as he continued. I smirked at how twisted I am feeling.

I am angry. Not because I wasn’t the one who saved him but because of that other woman who came in his life again. No, more like I am afraid. Afraid that he will leave me and yet, it is gonna happen again.

Suminghal ako.

Again, huh? Again...

Kumuyom nang mariin ang aking mga kamao.

How much more does he have to make me feel pathetic?!

“Your Grace, forgive me for being impertinent but please go straight to the point. She is just that, right?” My voice shook as I hold back my tears.

Please say yes, Kyran... Please...

“Gaile.” Tinignan niya ako sa aking mga mata nang may determinasyon. It was the same indifferent eyes he look at me like before. Unlike with that woman. I mentally scorned.

It is hateful...

“Right, Your Grace?” I faintly smiled.

“She and I have grown closer as I was recuperating.” My brows knotted. My smile froze. “These unfamiliar emotions that I feel like I am familiar with them, I only feel it with her. That was when I realized that I got back these lost emotions.” I gritted my teeth. I lifted my head to hold back my tears.