Kiss me you fool!

Context:

I think all of you know exactly what happened, but if you don't, just watch the video! In this fiction, they aren't dating at that point, but Harry's statement will surely change some things...

*<3*

Harry was lying on his back on the couch, legs draped over the backrest, staring up at Louis and waiting for him to announce the challenge they were going to do of unwrapping chocolate money as fast as possible.

Harry and Louis were best friends, they had even moved in together as just the two of them recently, but what Harry would never tell anyone was that he had a crush on Louis. Not just a crush, he was positive that he was properly in love with Louis. Who couldn't be in love with those sparkling ocean eyes, that bright sunshine smile, that sharp humor and that caring kindness after all?

He was snapped out of his thoughts when Louis announced their challenge in a loud funny voice, bubbly as ever. "This is a special challenge with special money. Let's see who can wrap - or unwrap - the most money in one minute! GO!" Louis, who was sitting beside Harry on the couch, angled his body towards the latter and hurriedly started unwrapping his first bar of chocolate money. Harry did the same, still lying flat on the couch, and they both were giggling continuously. 

Before a minute was even close to passing, Louis started stealing fake money from Harry. The fight escalated in a matter of seconds - They were throwing wrappers and chocolate at eachother now, giggling like two-year-olds.

Just like that, Harry got lost in the moment, with Louis' body hovering over his and their beaming faces in front of eachother. In the heat of battle, before he could even think about what was tumbling out of his mouth, Harry exclaimed "Now kiss me you fool!"

As the words left his lips, he realized what he had said, but there was no time to regret it. Louis plunged down, pretending to make out with Harry by hectically roaming his hands through the younger lad's curls and pressing a wet kiss to his cheek. Then, he leaned back, completely nonchalant, and looked at the camera. "So I won!"

As soon as the camera was turned off, Louis scrambled out of the room. "C'mon, Hazza, the lads are waiting for us downstairs, hurryyy!"

Harry did as he was told, still thinking about the "kiss me" incident. He hadn't even meant to say that, but apparently couldn't suppress his thoughts any longer. Of course he wanted Louis to actually kiss him on the lips in a romantic way and be his boyfriend, but what he got instead wasn't too bad. Only problem was, he was sure Louis had only taken it as a joke between mates. They were messing around a lot, but while it gave Harry massive butterflies every time, Louis would describe it as 'banter'. Harry sighed.

He quickly ran to the hallway, where he found Louis excitedly putting his shoes on. Louis' happy mood always made him smile, he just had that effect on Harry.

When they stepped out the door, Liam's car came speeding into the driveway and stopped with screeching tires, only millimetres in front of a huge flower pot. Niall was the first to get out and run towards Louis and Harry, expression gleeful and chip bag in hand. Then, the driver's door flew open and Zayn hopped out, Raybans sitting on his nose. He was followed by a mortified looking Liam.

"I will never EVER let you drive my car again, you crackpot!" 

"C'mon, you know you love me, Li-Li" Zayn winked at him while dramatically taking off his Raybans. Liam's blush didn't go unnoticed.

Before Liam could put himself together and respond, Niall called out "Finally you're done guys, now move your asses into the car, we're going to my place! I ordered some Nando's!" "But this time I'm driving!" Liam glared at Zayn. They all burst out in a fit of laughter and piled into the car.

Fifteen minutes later, they were all sprawled out in Niall's living room. Zayn and Niall were jumping up and down on the couch playing FiFa (Niall had ripped the controller out of Louis' hands after Louis and Zayn had started a massive pillow fight about who was the better player to prevent them from playing a 12th round to determine the winner), Liam was munching on his spicy chicken with avocado while intently watching Zayn.

Harry had started racking his brains about the "kiss me you fool"-incident again and he was slowly starting to get a headache, so he got up and made his way into the kitchen.

Just as he was pouring water in a glass, he heard the door creak open. When he turned around, Louis was there, shutting the door behind him again. "Haz, is something wrong? You seemed so lost in thought... like something's bothering you?" 

Harry furrowed his eyebrows. Great, he noticed. Awesome. "No, it's nothing. Don't worry, Lou"

Louis was standing beside him at the kitchen counter now, looking at him attentively. "I can see that something's wrong, if you don't want to tell me that's fine, but you can talk to me always"

Harry bit his lip and looked at the ground. "I do want to tell you, I'm just scared that you'll find it weird or something and won't want to be my friend anymore..." 

"What?! Whatever it is, I could never find you weird, you'll always be my best friend!"

Harry groaned frustratedly. He looked defeated. "What is it, did I say something wrong??" Louis was more than confused now.

"It's just - that exactly is the problem!" Harry stared at Louis helplessly.

"What... what is the problem?"

"That you'll always be my best friend! I was thinking about our challenge we did earlier and about how I said 'Now kiss me you fool!'... I didn't even mean to say that out loud, but I meant it, Lou. I really wanted you to kiss me, like, on the mouth because I'm in love with you! But you'll always see it as 'banter' between best mates" Harry looked at the ground again, trying to hold back tears.

Louis was staring at him with wide eyes. He did not expect that. He didn't expect his feelings to be mutual. So, a little nervously he asked "Um... Can I try something, Haz?"

Harry nodded and looked up at him hesitantly, but he didn't have time to look for long, because a soft pair of thin lips pressed against his. Louis had gently tugged his chin down and was kissing him softly, one hand on the small of Harry's back, the other on his cheek. 

Harry couldn't believe it. He held Louis' face and tried kissing him back lightly. Instantly, he was rewarded by Louis' lips steadily moving against his. Their mouths opened against eachother and their tongues met, exploring every inch of eachother's mouth. 

When they both started running out of breath, Louis pulled back slightly, grinning. A string of saliva still connected their lips as they panted slightly, trying to catch their breaths while resting their foreheads together.

"FINALLY!"

Their heads shot towards the door, from where Niall was taking photos.

He looked jolly, even jollier than usual and punched the air after doing a very Irish happy dance. Then he checked the camera roll and his toothy grin grew even wider. "Look at how cute these pictures are!"

Harry and Louis just blankly stared at him. Meanwhile, Zayn spawned in the doorframe, raising a brow at them. "Oh, it finally happened? Too bad I was busy with Liam, but I see you took photos Nialler - let me see!"

That seemed to snap Louis out of his daze. "Fuck off, you did not seriously take photos, you little fucker!" With that, he jumped over the kitchen counter to plunge at Niall, who sprinted away in roaring laughter. Zayn snickered. "And shut it, Zayn, fuckin' hell!" Louis called back over his shoulder, running off to chase Niall.

But of course he wasn't actually mad, he was glowing with happiness about how things had worked out with Harry. Somehow, he also found it hot that there were pictures taken of them. So, as much as he tried to keep an angry glare, he just burst out laughing along with the little leprechaun he was chasing. Soon, they were toppling over the couch, Niall's phone with all the pictures long forgotten.

Harry watched from the kitchen with a fond smile and thought he couldn't be happier. Later, he would talk to Louis again to ask him to be his boyfriend.