7 minutes in heaven

Context:

I originally published this story as a seperate book, but this one's getting more reads, so I figured I'll just put it in here too.

Anyway, it's set in 2011 and basically Harry gets overwhelmed by the image the media forces on him, when it reality he's in love with Louis. He thinks Louis wouldn't reciprocrate his feelings anyway, but a game of 7 minutes in heaven might prove him wrong...

Trigger warning: Eleanor (she's cool here though!)

~6700 words

*<3*

"NIALL YOU LITTLE FUCKER - GET YOUR BLOODY ASS BACK HERE!" Louis' high-pitched scream pierces the air of the backstage area, where the five boys are currently getting ready for their last interview today - or at least, that's what they should be doing.

Niall however seemed to have other plans, stealing a packet of crisps from Louis, sprinting across the large room, skipping over couches and giggling like a maniac. Even though Louis knows very well that no food is ever safe in a room with Niall in it, he is chasing after him, yelling profanities and trying to seem upset when in reality, he is laughing just as hard.

Meanwhile, Harry is sitting in a makeup-chair, waiting for the stylist to finish the curly mess on his head and watching the scenario in front of him unfold with a slight smile on his lips.

After a few minutes of chasing, screaming and Liam trying to be reasonable (which ends in him being not-so-accidentally tackled by Louis and crashing into a huge pot plant next to the door), Louis finally throws himself onto Niall mid-sprint, which results in the two of them lying on the floor in a giggling heap, Louis ripping the crisps out of Niall's hands, but everyone knows that he'll share them with his food-obsessed friend anyways.

Still panting and grinning, Louis makes his way towards Harry, plopping down on a chair beside him, only after tugging it closer to Harry's.

"What's up, Curly, ready for the interview?", he asks, smiling at Harry. Harry watches him closely, a soft smile still gracing his own lips and never fading, and he notices the way Louis' chest is heaving, the way his T-shirt clings to his body, the way his eyes crinkle slightly when he's smiling - and oh, that beautiful smile...

Suddenly it hits him that Louis had just asked a question, so he quickly shakes out of his daze, cheeks heating up slightly and he answers honestly: "Yeah, a bit nervous like always, but I'm glad it's the last one for today, I want to go home"

A soft, understanding chuckle escapes Louis' lips upon hearing that and he ruffles Harry's curls, a thing he seems to enjoy a lot.

"I know, Haz, we'll watch a movie and get take-out when we're home. Now c'mon - let's face the wolves, as I always say!"

"Heeeyy, now you messed up my hair that I just sat 20 minutes in this chair for to get fixed!"

Harry pouts, but in reality he's excited about Louis' announcement. The latter seems to know that very well, so he just grabs Harry's hand, pulls him out of his chair, calls out a quick "Don't pout, sun!" and tugs him in the direction of the set for the interview, leaving a rosy blush creeping up Harry's face.

---

After long minutes of questions about their upcoming album and just bantering around, the tall, blonde interviewer with her nosey glasses finally pops the topic of relationships, pressing every detail possible from the boys.

Soon enough, she's bored with hearing about Liam's and Zayn's girlfriends and Niall's endless giggling , so she moves on to Harry.

"Alright now, our dear Harold..." she starts with a voice so sugary sweet that Harry wouldn't have needed to look at Louis to know he was fighting the urge to throw up. "You're the womanizer of the band, so, obviously, settling for a girlfriend isn't for you!" she chuckles sweetly before continuing: "So tell me, who are the lucky girls getting in your knickers? And how does it feel being about to become the sex symbol of a generation?"