A Sudden Connection

The rumble of the earth could be heard as buildings and streets are uprooted and buried beneath dirt. Giant red cubes could be seen floating in the sky, the once blue heaven now turned crimson. The screams of people falling upon deaf ears while a lone girl stood next to a panicking man,"What's going on?" she asks as the man scrambles about,"Y/n, come! There's no time! I can't let anything happen to you!" the man shouts as he drags the young girl deep within his basement,"What about you?"

"...I'm sorry."

A sharp gasp cuts through the air as y/n shot up from her leafy bed, her head shooting every which way before sighing with relief when she saw she wasn't in any danger,"Ugh, that dream again. Third time this month." she groans as she rubs the palm of her hands over her eyes,"At least it's morning this time, unlike the last two times." she sniffs as she gets up with a stretch before ruffling any leaves out of her hair.

"Breakfast time!" she then plasters a smile on her face as she heads for an apple tree nearby, picking an apple and nibbling on it as she heads for the small river nearby. After eating, she washed herself in the cool water, cleaned her hair and brushed her teeth as well.

For months y/n has been exploring the country of Mondstadt after waking up in a strange and damaged capsule in the middle of a field. She also noticed that she had lost her memories for some reason, besides only knowing her name, and tried to find civilization. She did, but they could only help her so much before she left for Mondstadt.

Now, with the city's windmills in sight, she journeyed on towards her destination, hoping she'll be able to ask for some form of help. The only thing she could ask people is if they recognize the craftmanship of her bracelet she had with her when she woke up. But, no such luck. But, they mentioned that the jewelry shop owner in Mondstadt might be able to help her.

"Why do I feel like something terrible is about to happen today?" y/n mumbles as the hair behind her neck raised. She ignored it in favor of heading straight for Whispering Woods,"According to the map, I should be able to see Mondstadt immediately after existing the wood. That's great!" she mumbles to herself with a grin as she tucks her map away in her satchel.

What she didn't account for today is for a giant, blue dragon to suddenly fly overhead,"Oh Archons!" y/n yelps as she trips over her own feet from fright,"That's a dragon! A dragon!" she shouts hysterically as she scrambles back onto her feet. She took note that the dragon landed in Whispering Woods,"Ugh, and it landed in the woods. Should I go through and try to avoid it or take the long route?"

As she ponders her option, y/n felt her stomach grumble from hunger despite having just eaten an apple a few minutes prior,"Screw it. I'm going to do this sneaky style." she motivates herself as she heads straight for the woods. The deeper she went, the more she could hear the dragon's growls, trying extra hard to avoid the sound.

Unfortunately for her, the dragon was right in her path,"Why...?" y/n whispers her wail as she creeps slowly from tree to tree, taking a glance every now and again to make sure she isn't spotted. But, she froze in her spot when she heard a soft and gentle voice,"...Don't be afraid...It's alright now, I'm back." the voice had said and y/n peeks around the tree to see a boy cladded in green talking to the dragon,[What is he doing?] she wonders with curious eyes.

"Is he talking... to a dragon?" y/n heard another voice whisper and she peeks on the other side of the tree to see a floating little girl and blond haired boy also spying on the dragon and strange boy,[Who are they?] y/n thought before peeking back over to the mysterious boy, unaware of the event happening on the other side of the tree.

She gasps in fright when the dragon suddenly let's out a mighty roar before taking a swipe at the mystery boy, who luckily evaded the sudden attack. He then glances over to where the blond boy and pixie hid,"Who's there!?" he calls out and y/n hid herself behind the tree, ducking down and covering her head when the dragon started to take flight.