As Luck Would Have It

The group ran for their lives as the sounds of distant footsteps ran behind them,"This way!" Venti suddenly grabs y/n's wrist as he changes direction with Aether and Paimon following close behind. They snuck down an alleyway and y/n uses her power to knock down some crates nearby to stall the guards for a small while.

"Your powers really are something else, y/n." Venti smiles as he briefly glances back at the girl,"You saw!?" y/n becomes worried about what the bard would think of her now,"You weren't exactly sneaky." Venti says with a teasing wink as y/n blushes from embarrassment,[How embarrassing...] she thought as Aether glares at Venti's hand, which held hers.

.
..
...

"Master Diluc, this is this week's accounts." a man tending behind a bar counter informs another man with red hair as he hands him a piece of paper,"Hmm... The disaster has greatly affected business." the man, Diluc, says as he looks over the report,"Well, let's hope it all ends soon." the bartender says with a small smile before three figures rush into the tavern.

"Hi, we'd like a seat at your, uhh... least conspicuous table." Venti asks as he let's y/n go, who looks around the establishment with curiosity,"Umm... The second floor has fewer customers. You'd be less conspicuous up there..." Diluc says with crossed arms after putting the report down, narrowing his eyes at the group before he stares at the curious girl a bit longer.

"But aren't you a bard? Why not sit front and center?" he then asks as he glances back over to Venti,"Hahaha, let's save the paid performance for next time. We'll be heading up now, see you in a bit!" Venti says with a nervous laugh before gently taking y/n's hand in his and heads on upstairs with the two travellers.

Diluc's eyes follow them all the way, quirking a brow when the girl waves to him briefly before disappearing upstairs,"Hey, keep an eye on them. There's something strange about that bard. I'll go ask around." he says as he turns back to the bartender,"Ask who exactly?" the bartender asks as he subtly glances at the suspicious group peeking over the railing,"The 'protectors' of Mondstadt..." Diluc scoffs right as a couple of knights enter the tavern.

"Ah, Master Diluc. Have you seen three thieves around?" Guard A asks,"What happened? Why have you mobilized so many guards?" Diluc asks as he spots more guards searching around outside of the tavern,"Haven't you heard, Master Diluc? Two thieves were trying to steal the Holy Lyre!" Guard B informs him,"Oh? How odd." Diluc hums with an intrigued tone.

"Isn't it? The Holy Lyre is a treasure that was played by the God of Anemo themselves. Such a precious piece of cultural heritage-" Guard B was suddenly cut off by the man before him,"Why would one want to steal something they can't sell off? Would pay better to steal from my cellars..." Diluc comments with a roll of his eyes,"Huh?" Guard A gives the owner a confused look,"Huh?"

"Sorry, off topic. Believe they headed that way." Diluc informs them as he points outside the tavern and slightly to the left,"Understood. Thank you, Master Diluc!" Guard B says as they both salute before rushing off. Y/n let's out a sigh of relief before Aether gently takes her hand as they head downstairs while Diluc made sure all of the guards left from around his tavern.

"Today I think I'll have a glass of..." Venti hums as he leans over the counter to grab something once the bartender had left to do something else,"You can put down that bottle you stole from behind the counter." Diluc confronts him after shutting the tavern door while Venti turns around with a big wine bottle in hand,"...something cold." he finishes his previous sentence with an innocent smile.

"Hey, thanks for not ratting us out to the guards." y/n was the first to say with gratitude and Diluc nods at her before turning his attention back onto Venti,"Right. I want answers." he immediately demands with crossed arms.