A Familiar Face?

After meeting Bennett and getting to know him, y/n had set off to explore the small town on her own and even went to a jeweler in town to ask about the bracelet she has.

The man hums as he looks the bracelet over, tracing every groove and design carved in and out of it

The man hums as he looks the bracelet over, tracing every groove and design carved in and out of it. He then shakes his head as he puts it down,"I'm sorry, but I'm not familiar with any of the designs on it. Though, the stones embedded into it, is quite strange. Whoever made this used stones that can only be found in certain countries, like Liyue and Inazuma." he explains as y/n slips the bracelet back on.

"So, you think someone from these nations could have made it?" she questions as the man nods,"It's a possibility, since some of the stones can only be found in their homeland. Though it's funny that most of them are shiny and beautiful, while this one right here..." the man proceeds to point to a dull stone embedded in the middle of the bracelet,"This is a Starsilver stone. It can only be found in Dragonspine as far as I know. Very strange that they would use this on the bracelet." he says as he strokes his beard.

"In any case, thanks for checking it for me. I'll try my luck in the next country." y/n says with a small smile before leaving the store with a new bit of info in mind,[Stones from every nation, huh? So, whoever made this went through a lot of trouble to collect a single stone from every country.] she thought as she heads for the plaza.

"Y/n! Hey, over here!" Paimon's squeaky voice catches her attention as she spots her friends near the fountain,"Paimon, Aether, you're both finally back." she says with a smile as she meets up with them,"How'd it go with Kaeya?" Aether asks, his jaw clenching the slightest when he mentions another guy's name,"If went well. We got done quickly, but I came back alone since Kaeya needed to do something else real quick. I met another boy named Bennette. He was really nice. Oh, and I was just at the jeweler not too long ago." y/n explains with a smile.

"That's right, you mentioned that your bracelet is the only connection to your past. So, any luck?" Paimon asks with furrowed brows,"No, not really. But, I did learn something new. Turns out, each stone embedded into the bracelet are stones that can only be found in their respective homeland. So, this means that whoever made this, must live in one of these countries or have a similar design to this one. I mean, someone must know something, right?" she explains.

"And we'll find someone. Don't worry." Aether tells her with a smile,"Anyway, I think we need to head back to the Knights HQ. Let's go." he says as the small group head up towards the Knights Headquarters. Though they stop near the Goth Grand Hotel when they spot Jean talking to a woman wearing a mask and dark clothing.

"Isn't that Jean? Seems she's talking to someone..." Paimon notes,"Looks like a serious conversation. Let's let her finish and then go talk to her." y/n suggests before the group near the two women slightly, enough to not be noticed, but close enough to hear what they're talking about.

"...which is what has brought us to this point in the first place. If you are unable to promptly deal with the Stormterror threat, then leave the defense of Mondstadt to the Fatui." the woman says with a glare as she crosses her arms,"We can put an end to Mondstadt's dragon issues. All we need to do is bring that monster to the-" Jean cuts her off momentarily.