Chapter 1

It's been 3 years since we moved out of the Philippines. I've been staying with my mom here in LA since my Lola died. My dad's mom... I could barely handle it and my dad didn't handle it well too so my mom decided to take us back home here. 

"Maddy? Are you awake? Mom said you're gonna drive me to school today" Abi, my sister started banging on my door.

My mom brought her ancestry all the way from the Philippines to here in the United States of America and nobody can say anything about it. I spent half of my lifetime in the Philippines, and since my mom and my dad separated my mom just doesn't wanna say it but I feel like she gained separation anxiety. 

I pushed myself up and tied my hair up, I made my bed and opened up the blinds. I went straight to my bathroom and took a quick cold shower to wake myself up. 

I dressed up right away and put on a tank top some jogging pants and my favorite sneakers, I put up my hair with a hair clamp packed in my laptop in my shoulder bag, and hung my headphones on my neck.

I just put on some sunscreen and a bit of lip tint, concealer, and mascara before jogging my way downstairs.

"Ano yang suot mo Maddy? Bakit ka nakasando lang?" My mom shouted in the most annoying voice just as soon as I made myself comfortable sitting down on the dining table

"Mom, the sun is ready to cook everyone who stays for more than 10 minutes outside, it's either this tank top or death from heat stroke" I told her...

See, this is where it gets weird because my mom is a 35-year-old woman, with blonde hair and blue eyes, yet she screams like a Filipino mom... You might be curious, not only have my dad and her lived in the Philippines for most of their existence, my grandfather on my mother's side is British and my grandmother is half American and half Filipino, and on my father's side, we never knew who my grandfather was other than he's an asshole who got my lola pregnant and flew his ass somewhere that none of us really took time to know coz we just simply don't care and of course, my Lola is half Filipino and half American. 

We're just a bunch of hybrid kids... We should be the cast for the vampire diaries. 

My mom had me when she was 18 so you can see what kind of pleasant life it was for her, I'm not saying it because my granddad and grams hate her, I mean they are disappointed but they supported mom, it's the people around her who made her feel like she doesn't worth anything. 

It might not seem evident now but my mom, was one of the most beautiful in her school before, so of course everyone who's insecure about her beauty rejoiced when they found out she was pregnant out of wedlock. My mom couldn't take the discrimination so my lola dragged him and my mom to the Philippines where my grams totally agreed to sway the spotlight from them. Then they came back here to LA when I turned 5 and we went back to the Philippines when I was 13 since I got bullied so much at school for not being able to speak Tagalog very well and of course, I look different from everyone else sporting a blonde hair and blue eyes... so we went back here in LA again, then went back to the Philippines then went back here again now.

"You look dumb" Dylan said throwing a wrapper of candy at me, so I threw a whole ass pancake in his face and rolled my eyes.

Dylan is the youngest of us, then there's Abi.

"Stop wasting food, I placed all your lunches in your bag, and I swear to god you two, if another Tupperware isn't brought home again, I will not prepare lunch for you two for the next two weeks" My mom said to them, I drank all of the coffee in my mug

"Mom I'm pretty sure that's just a nice way you'll neglect us of food for the next two weeks which is not very mother of the year of you" Abi said grabbing a pancake stacking some bacon in the middle and rolling it up like a burrito before grabbing her backpack