.24

Same shit, different day.

That's what I want to say when someone asks me about my day at work. Ever since my boss told me I could travel very far to have my lunch break, he's been acting even more like an asshole.

Everything I do, even if it's something as simple as sweeping the floor, I don't do it wrong.

This morning, I was organizing the video games, the same way I've been doing it since I've started working here, and  he said that they didn't look right and to do it again. I did it again, still wasn't right. I did it a three time, still wasn't right. Now I'm on the fourth time and I swear if he says I did it wrong, I'm going to lose it.

"I'm finished." I said as I turned to look at him.

He looked up from his magazine and scanned it over for a few seconds before he said...

"Nope, still looks messy, try again."

If it was physically possible, steam would be coming out of my ears from angry.

"This is the fourth time I've done this, sir, I think it looks just fine." I said as calmly as I possibly could.

"Are you saying in wrong?"

"No, I'm not, but-"

"But nothing, if I say it looks messy, I expect you, the employee, to fix it until I like it."

"I've organized it the same way I've always done it, why is it messy all of a sudden?" I asked, more out of curiosity than anger.

"I don't have to answer your questions, your job here is to do as I say and be there when the customers need you, no more or less than that. If that's gonna be a problem, then I can fire you and easily replace you with someone else."

I was seconds away saying that I quit, but stopped when I realized that I had a lot to lose. A home, a car, my freedom, all of that will be gone if I quit this job.

My boss must've seen the look on my face, because that's when he had an evil grin on his face.

"So, what will it be?" He asked.

I let out a loud sigh and went back to organizing the games for the fifth time today.

———————————————————————

I walked through the door of the apartment and took my shoes off, my face emotionless and not saying a word to anyone. I knew if I did, I would breakdown and every emotion that I'm feeling right now will come to the surface and probably won't be able to stop once it starts.

"Jungkook, is that you?" I heard Jin ask from the kitchen.

I didn't say anything and just continued taking my shoes off.

Seconds later, I heard footsteps. I looked over to see Jin in his pajamas, looking concerned.

"Is everything okay?" He asked.

I just nodded.

He shook his head. "I don't believe you." He said, taking a step closer. "Jungkook.."