Chapter 3

The next day, the Akids were gathered at the Harpercops house along with Jessica and Ram. Cynthia was on the couch in the living room, watching an add for a new and expensive looking ring. 

The fashionista sighed. "I wish someone would buy me a ring"

Hearing that, David immediately poked his head out from behind the couch with a big smile across his face. 

The gang decided to head to the park. As they walked down the street, Teeders told her friends about the job Mr. Raglan had offered her and Mike. They thought it sounded kind of sketchy, then again Teeders's foster parents had told her if she wanted to get through in life she needed a job. 

Ram was soon shown playing on the grass field with Brock and Ann while the others were waiting in line at the ice cream truck. 

"I would like a walnut fudge, but I want the fudge on the side so it won't melt. And can I get some sprinkles with that and three cherries on top?" This one annoying female customer, who just happened to be right infront of the Akids gave her long order. 

Teeders, Kali, and Jessica were sitting on a bench with their ice cream, talking. 

"I just feel bad for Mike, you know?" The brainy adventure girl sighed with a frown. 

Teeders had told her friends, and now Jessica at this point that Mike was struggling to take care of his sister. And now was currently at risk losing custody of Abby to his estranged Aunt Jane, who didn't care for Abby and only wanted the monthly paycheck from the state. 

Jessica knew exactly how that felt, as she too lived alone having to take care of her younger brother. 

Ram knew Abby. They had seen each other at school and were pretty much best friends. Friends who were real at least, as Abby really loved talking to her imaginary friends and drawing pictures all the time. 

Later that day back at the Harpercops's house, Teeders was in the kitchen constanly staring at her phone. She had gotten a text from Mike a little while ago saying that he had accepted the job from Mr. Raglan and asked if she was in, as there was still a spot open for her as well. 

Now if Teeders was being honest with herself, she was pretty hesitant. She knew that a night shift wasn't easy for just one person. And she definitely didn't want to leave Mike alone by himself at night. Who knows, it could be fun working together. 

With a deep breath, Teeders dialed the number on the card, waited a few rings before getting an answer. 

"Yeah, hi, this is Teeders. Um... I was just wondering if that job you offered was still available?..."

The rest of the Akids were all peaking out from around the corner, listening to their friend's phone conversation. 

"How soon could I start?..." Teeders asked. 

The others looked amongst themselves before Teeders hung up the phone and turned to her friends. 

"I got the job" She told them. 

The Akids managed some small smiles, being happy for her. 

"Mind if we tag along on your first night?" Kali asked her friend, having a feeling she and Mike would need the help. 

"Sure" Teeders smiled, glad that her friends were coming to support her. 

"If we have to" Cynthia rolled her eyes. 

"What's this place even called?..." Brock asked.