Super-duper, crazy, stupid, sorry

POV: Adlynn

We poofed to the gym. I sigh, "good luck guys." I pat Reggie's shoulder and he looks at me terrified. they run into the gym as I follow behind them, crossing my arms walking slowly. "Julie, we are ready to rock this dance, which is clearly over." Reggie says. 

They look around for Julie. Alex spots her and taps Luke on the shoulder. they all look at her on the gym ground. she gets up and looks at them disappointed. "look, we are...so, so sorry we bailed on you." Luke apologizes. 

"yeah, I mean, the night really got away from us." Alex says. "and the twins." Reggie adds on before Luke hits his arm and gives him a look. Julie sighs before speaking, "just please tell me it had nothing to do with getting back at Carrie's dad." 

"pfft.." "oh, of course not." "no! we wouldn't do that." the guys said, not wanting Julie to be mad at them. I roll my eyes before walking closer to Julie. "They came to my job. completely crashed it. I say looking at them as I now stand next to Julie, still crossing my arms. 

They death glare me. Julie looks at me and gives me the 'they know?' look. I nod and we turn back to them. "seriously? you're lying to me?" Julie asks, obviously sad. they boys look at each other, lost for words. they look guilty and very sorry. 

Finally, Alex speaks up. "ok, look, it was something we needed to do." "b-but we'll do whatever it takes. we'll play the next school-" Luke starts, walking closer to us. "what? another dance where you can bail on me and make me look like a fool? save it. you know what really sucks? Our songs were good. and all three of you know what I've been through, and how tough it is for me to play, and then you do this? bands don't do that to each other. friends don't do that to each other. This was a mistake." Julie rants.

"you mean the school dance, right?" Luke asks softly. "no. I mean joining a band with you guys." Julie says before leaving the gym. "Julie.. Julie!" Luke calls out for her. the guys look at me, like I'd know what to do. "can't last a month." I say, shaking my head, referring to the bet, before following Julie out. 

They ended up going to Flynns. I let them be alone and talk about the guys. in the morning, I didn't see Julie at school. I walk to Flynn. "where's Julie?" I ask. "I let her sleep in, she needs it." Flynn says, I just nod. instead of going back home I stay with Flynn. 

It was the middle of the day when Julie came running into dance class. I was sitting against the wall behind everyone. I don't hear their conversation, but I do hear the doors opening and guys chattering.

I look back at Julie and she looks between her legs, shocked to see her crush, or old crush, Nick walking in with the lacrosse team. I stand up and walk to them. "I bet you 10 bucks, Nick chooses Julie." I whisper to Flynn. "bet." 

"so, students, coach Barren and I decided that his lacrosse team will be apart of our class for a few weeks. many pro athletes have used dance to help them with coordination and mobility." Mrs Kelly explains. "This isn't about flirting with girls." coach Barren said to the boys, as some kids snickered. "its about making us better so we can actually win a game. we lost against BurBank. Burbank!" Coach Barren yells.

"well, let's remember that composer is a big part of dance. everybody pair up." Mrs Kelly says. I smirk at Flynn and she smirks back, shrugging. the guys stand there awkwardly. "lets go!" coach Barren yells. the boys scatter around the gym.

some boy takes Flynn away, I snicker at Julies reaction. I hear a hey in a familiar voice. we turn and see Nick. I smile widely at Flynn and she rolls her eyes. I turn back to Nick and Julie. "hey, you" Julie says, awkwardly.  

"so, ladies, let's do what we learned last week, and we will preform this with the boys this Friday. Coach Barren and I will demonstrate." Mrs Kelly explains. the coach looks at her shocked and nervous. "no. I don't dance, so.."