Jealousy Movies

POV: Adlynn's

Reggie poofs in next morning. "hey, guys!" he says. "sup" "morning, Reg." "Howdy." We all say. "so, Ray, booked us a gig at the house, tonight!" He says. "thats cool. Luke, what song do you think we should play?" I ask. "I don't know. uh, Adie, do you wanna go to Julie's school with me? just for 10 minutes then we could  hang out." he asks.

"sure! hold on I just need to grab..." I say, as I look through the stuff on the loft. "you guys are hanging out today?" Alex says, poofing next to me. "mhm, and no. I don't think we're going to kiss. he likes Julie." I whisper. "wow, have some confidence, hm? Take Reggies. he has way too much." Alex says. I laugh. 

"thanks, but I have to go." I say as I pick up my satchel bag. I poof outside the studio to see Luke waiting for me. "oh? you found your iconic satchel bag?" Luke says, smiling. "yup! c'mon, let's go!" I say before poofing to the high school.

"I need to talk to Julie, privately. can you... not listen? please?" Luke asks. "okay?" I say before he runs over to Julie. "like shit. I'm listening." I make myself invisible to everyone. I walk over there. Julie shuts her locker and Luke scares her. "hey" he says to her. Julie gasps, scared for a second. 

"normal people don't do that and ghosts definitely shouldn't. what are you doing here?" She asks. "we need to talk about what song we're playing tonight." Luke says. he wanted to speak privately about this? why?

"I was thinking, "Great"?" He suggests. Kids were snickering. Julie took out her phone and put it turn her ear. "you're just going to take a phone call while we're talking? you know how rude that is?" Luke says, offended. "hey, thanks for calling. otherwise people might think I'm talking to myself." she says. "right. nice." Luke whispers. 

"No. But, yeah. I think "Great" is a... great choice." Julie says. "sweet. well.. I mean, thats pretty much what I wanted to talk to you about. so.." Luke says. "oh! ok.." Julie whispers. why was there so much tension? they are friends, they talk to each other all the time?

"uh, actually, no, there is one more thing I wanted to talk to you about. its.. look, I know I'm not the easiest person to work with, but i... I wanted to tell you that I think you make me a better writer." Luke confesses. why was I feeling a pit of angry and sadness in my stomach again? why am I always jealous. why am I jealous over a guy

"I think we make each other better." Julie responds. "you know what? why don't you just ditch school today? you could hang out with Adie and I." Luke offers. what? wasn't he the one that said he wanted to hang out, just the two of us? What the fuck.

"what? no, no. I promised dad, school first." Julie replies. "right.  you're at school first, and now you're leaving to hang out with Adie and I. come on, it'll be so boring with out you." Luke tries to compromise. wow. that hurts., geez, got to shoot right at the heart, don't you?

"I cant, i... I told Nick I'd be his partner." Julie starts but Nick interrupts. "hey, Julie!" he calls out, walking towards us.  "and he's heading this way. gotta go, bye!" Julie says, putting her phone away.  "I have to go anyway, bye Julie." Luke says. I quickly go to a locker across the courtyard, making myself visible to him. 

he spots me, "Hey! sorry I took so long. let's go?" he says walking up to me. I nod, I felt hurt. I don't know exactly why. it was stupid, and no point to feel like this. "so, I was thinking we could go to the movies. I know that your parents didn't like taking you, so I thought we could watch the new Enola Holmes movie. heard its good."

I nod again, I didn't want to give him the silent treatment, I just felt like if I opened my mouth, I'd cry. he smiled as he poofed us to the movie theater, we stood in the hallway filled with the screenings. "over here." I whisper, if I spoke to loud, then I would burst. he smiles again, he held my hand, pulling me into the back of the movie theater. 

not many people were in there so we were basically alone. He sat me down, "ill go get us some snacks. didn't you just learn how to make things... edible?" He asks. I nod once again. he poofs and then a few minutes later, he poofs back. "okay, work your magic." He says, with hungry eyes. I smile then make the food digestible for ghosts. 

"hell yeah." He says before digging he face into a box of crunchy chocolates. I laugh at him. "Luke, you're going to get a stomach ache." I say smiling. "I don't care, you know how long its been since I last ate? too damn long." He says, smiling back.

we both sat in the back, watching the movie. it was good so far. we were like 20 minutes in. one of the actors is so fine- I think his name is Louis? I didn't realize I smiled every time he came on screen. I also didn't realize Luke was staring at me, jealous. 

The movie was almost done when Luke suddenly poofed out. I look at the empty seat confused. I watched the rest of the movie, feel guilt build up. had I done something? when the movie ended, I picked up all our trash and threw it out.

then I went looking for Luke. i poofed to the studio and I saw Willie and Alex. I decided to leave them alone and go inside. I see Luke and Reggie. why didn't he tell me he was leaving? I just go to the loft and sit there. 

when I'm bored I go through our old stuff for fun. I open a box and the first thing I see is the jacket Luke gave to me when I was cold. I smile. I take the jacket out and put it on, it still fits. obviously. 

Alex came back inside and he seemed a bit tense. I take the jacket off and put it back in the box. I got back to the ground and sit on the couch next to Reggie. "maybe we should start rehearsing now. it going to be a bit before Julie gets back from school." Alex says. 

"okay, you okay, bro?" Luke asks. "yeah, yeah." Alex says, obviously not fine.