1.2 - Unfortunate

<Next Day>

"Y/N!" GET DOWN HERE!" Father wakes me up, just before my alarm.

I put on my 'normal' clothes and hurried downstairs. "Yes, father?" I ask politely.

"You and your brother are going to go help search for the new missing kid." He says from his spot on the dining room table, looking up from his Bible.

"Yes, father." I say.

I walk up to my room carefully and put on my kippah. I also throw on my galoshes and raincoat. It's a white raincoat and black galoshes.

I hurry to the front door and wait for Stan. He comes down looking upset. "What's wrong, Stan?" I ask.

"Bill's brother went missing last night." He says.

"Oh, no." I pull him in for a hug. I push open the door and pull him outside, still hugging.

I just let him cry into my shoulder. He's scared for Georgie, but also for Bill and how he's handling it.

"How about you go comfort and be with Bill, and I'll look for Georgie, okay?" I offer.

Stan nods and pulls away from the hug. I wipe his tears and hug him again tightly.

"It'll be okay. We'll find Georgie, I promise." I say.

"Okay..." Stan says slowly. I grabbed my bike as Stan grabbed his bike down to Bill's house to see what everyone is saying happened. They say the old lady down the street heard him scream and saw blood by the sewer drain.

Stan went inside Bill's house, and I tried to look around for any evidence or clues, but there were so many people here and no Georgie.

After hours of searching, nothing. We were all told to go home. I assumed Stan was staying with Bill tonight, so I was just gonna drive off.

"Y/N." Stan calls from Bill's porch.

"Yes, Stanny?" I ask.

"I'm gonna stay here with Bill, okay?" He informs me.

"Okay, I'll tell mom." I reassure him.

I watch Stan walk back inside and I peddle home. I put my bike in the front lawn and hang my raincoat on the coat rack and put my galoshes on the shoe rack.

"Mom, I'm home." I inform. "Stan is staying with Bill to comfort him, okay?"

"That's, okay hun, thanks for letting me know." She says.

I went upstairs and lay down. School was canceled for a week because of the disappearances, there were three in the last two weeks...

<Two months later>

Tomorrow is the first day of summer. I can't wait.

Bill's brother was never found, but he did thank me for trying to help. I feel like shit for not looking harder, but I couldn't without the daylight.

It's my last period, Choir, and I'm ready to go home. We had a performance during school, it lasted three periods and was so fun.

*Ding*

I hurry out of school, pushing past people. In my short tan khakis, and my blue botton-up, Stan and I match, unfortunately. I hate these outfits father buys them, mom let's us wear whatever.

I push past my brother and his friend, unintentionally splitting them up. I'm not paying attention, so I end up bumping into someone.

"Sorry." I say.

"Watch where you're going Jew." I look up and see Bowers.

"Sorry." I say again, and I try to walk past, but he grabs my collar.