Part 6

Gulf had just finished his report and was grateful for the peaceful day, hoping it would remain that way until the end of his shift.

"Finally, I'm done," Gulf sighed in relief, proceeding to clean the counter and await the next nurse. Suddenly, a doctor approached him.

"Gulf, could you dress the wound for the new patient and then check on the wounds of these two?" the doctor requested before quickly moving on.

"But..." Gulf began to argue, but the doctor was already gone.

Even though it wasn't his shift, Gulf had to comply since the other nurse hadn't arrived yet. He entered the room and saw a wounded man in a suit with sunglasses. Gulf smiled before preparing items for the dressing.

The man's eyes went wide behind the glasses and suddenly he spoke out.

"P'Gulf..." The man said in a whisper.

"You know my name?" Gulf asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Ummm... Your nametag," the man cleared his throat.

Gulf glanced at his nametag and nodded, proceeding to prepare the items.

"Can you please raise the sleeves a little higher, Sir?" Gulf said, wearing his gloves. The man only nodded and did as Gulf instructed. Suddenly the man cleared his throat before speaking up.

"Leo" Gulf turned to look at the man with a raised eyebrow.

"My...Uh...Name is Leo Phawattakun" Leo said with a smile. Gulf only smiled back and nodded.

"This is going to hurt a bit, Mr.Leo," Gulf warned as he worked.

"Please just call me Leo" Leo said, still staring at Gulf.

"Okay, Leo" Gulf said, smiling. Gulf then proceeded with his work.

The man remained silent, staring at Gulf. His eyes sparkled with longing expression but he just watched every detail of the person in front of him. From his eyebrows, his eyes, his nose, his cheek, and his lips. Every detail of Gulf's face was carefully traced by the man as if Gulf was the most mesmerizing person he had ever seen.

"It's done, Leo. Please refrain from getting it wet for a while, clean it daily, and keep it bandaged," Gulf instructed, removing his gloves.

As Gulf started to leave, the man stopped him.

"Uhhh... Thank you," Leo said, standing up.

"You're welcome, Leo" Gulf smiled.

"Can I... Can I get details about my wounds?" Leo inquired, scratching his head.

"Oh, I think it's better to ask the doctor about it. The doctor will be here soon to talk about your injury," Gulf replied, bowing before making his exit. Leo stood in the treatment room, watching the door close, touching his bandaged wound and smiling.

Gulf just finished his shift after handing over. He was immersed in his phone, which caused him to bump into someone at the front door.

"I'm sorry, Sir," Gulf looked up and was surprised to see Leo in front of him.

"Nurse Gulf," Leo called out.

"Oh, it's you. You've talked with the doctor?" Gulf asked, glancing at his wound.

"Yes. Thank you once again for cleaning it up," Leo said, smiling.

"You've said it already," Gulf said, smiling.

"I...I was wondering if you would want to have lunch together. It's my treat as a thank you," Leo said, his eyes glittering with hope, though Gulf couldn't see it.

"Oh, I'm-" Gulf looked at his watch and was surprised to see the time.

"Shoot. I'm late. I'm sorry, Leo. I have to go. Anyway, nice to meet you," Gulf said, bowing before running toward the bus stop.

"Wait-" Leo wanted to stop Gulf, but the man had gone. Looking at Gulf's back, Leo showed a smile.

Afterward, Gulf rushed home and expected to receive a scolding.

"Gulf! Where are you?!" a voice called from inside the mansion.

"I'm here, P'Jane," Gulf replied, catching his breath.

A woman in her forties appeared, scowling and placing her hand on her waist.

"You! I told you I wanted my afternoon tea by 3 p.m., but now it's 3:30 p.m. already! How dare you disobey me!" Jane scolded, raising her voice.

"I'm sorry, P. I had to attend to a patient before leaving, so I was a little late," Gulf explained, bowing his head.

"This is my last warning. If you ever do that again, I'll send you back to your hometown. Do you hear me?!" Jane threatened before walking away to the garden.

Gulf sighed and went to the kitchen in his uniform to prepare tea and pastries for Jane's afternoon tea.

"N'Gulf... Auntie already made some snacks for Madam, but they weren't what Madam wanted. That's why she's in a bad mood today. I'm sorry for that," Auntie Wanida apologized.

"Auntie... It's okay. P'Jane can be picky about her food, so she wanted only me to make her afternoon tea," Gulf reassured her with a smile.

Gulf headed to the garden with a tray containing tea and pastries, placing it on the table.

"Here, P'Jane," Gulf said, bowing.

Jane glared at Gulf before reluctantly sipping the tea, finding it surprisingly delicious. She coughed a bit since it was a little awkward to compliment Gulf for the tea.

"Anyway, my son will be returning from his trip tomorrow. I expect you to prepare everything. I want a grand dinner," Jane instructed, taking a bite of a pastry.

"Okay, P'Jane," Gulf replied, bowing.

After fulfilling her request, Gulf returned to the kitchen to put away the tray.

"N'Gulf... How did it go? Did she scold you again?" Auntie Wanida asked with a worried expression.

"No, P'Jane didn't say anything. But she did mention that her son will be coming back from his trip tomorrow," Gulf replied as he headed to his room.

"Young Master First is coming back?,"

TBC