Part 16

Leo had fixed his suit, a wide smile on his face. As his phone rang with a call from First, Leo chose to ignore it. He was on a mission today, and he was determined to ensure things went his way. From his drawer, he retrieved a white box, revealing a silver bracelet with a delicate snowflake design. Leo smiled softly as he adorned it on his wrist.

The news of Gulf's marriage to someone else had jolted Leo into action. He realized he couldn't delay any longer if he wanted to keep Gulf by his side. It was time for Gulf to know the truth about him, giving Leo some time to finish his job. Ignoring several calls from First, Leo headed to his office, deliberately leaving his phone behind.

"Babe, there you are," First exclaimed, wrapping his hand around Leo's arm.

"What's wrong?" Leo feigned ignorance.

"I called you several times, and you didn't answer," First pouted.

"Sorry, I left my phone," Leo said, walking towards his building with First in tow.

First attempted to act more spoiled. He wanted Leo to spoil him and let him buy anything he wanted with Leo's card but now the plan was spoiled as Leo swiftly entered his office, paying little attention to First. Leo was in a good mood, and First was threatening to ruin it.

"Babe, I called you because I wanted to take you to see Lung's fitting suit and then went shopping," First said, settling down on the couch.

The words halted Leo in his tracks.

"Fitting suit?" Leo spoke after a prolonged silence.

"Yes, Lung's wedding fitting suit. I told you Lung is getting married, remember?" First sipped on the tea brought by Leo's assistant.

Now, Leo's good mood was ruined. His thoughts raced, wondering how this could happen. He believed Gulf would put a stop to the wedding since he had chosen Leo just the other day.

"I'll go with you," Leo declared, standing up and approaching First.

"I'll go with you till the end," Leo smiled, cupping First's cheek.

First was taken aback by the sudden sweetness, but he melted under Leo's touch. He kissed Leo's hand and nodded, looking forward to later indulging in Leo's money during their shopping spree.

Gulf's hands trembled as he tried to button up his suit. He had hoped to escape, but Jane had used Ja to coerce him. Gulf fought back tears, not wanting to cry in a random shop.

"Hurry up! I don't have much time for you," Jane's voice from outside snapped Gulf back to reality. He hastily buttoned up and adjusted his suit. When Gulf emerged from the fitting room in a white three-piece suit with a black bow. Gulf looked effortlessly handsome. The well-fitted ensemble highlighted his confident and refined style, making heads turn in any room. Jane snickered.

"Hmm, this is fine. At least you won't be embarrassing me during the wedding," Jane remarked. Forced to be there in Bright's absence, she wanted to end things as fast as possible.

"Lung! Mom!" First's voice rang out, causing Gulf to look up. He managed a thin smile at First but was shocked to see someone else standing with him.

Jane went to her son and hugged him sweetly. First then informed Jane that Leo was also with him, and Jane was unsurprisingly pleased to see him, praising Leo's handsome appearance and how good they looked together. Gulf looked down, hoping the encounter wouldn't last long, especially as he didn't want to face Leo now.

"Lung, you look so handsome. No wonder Bright wants to marry you as fast as he can," First commented with a wide smile, approaching Gulf.

"T-Thank you, First," Gulf cleared his throat, feeling awkward and sensing someone's gaze on him. But he didn't dare look up.

"Forget about him, First. We're done here. Gulf, you can go back home now. I want to go shopping with First," Jane said, taking First by the hand.

"Let's go, babe," First tried to bring Leo along.

"Um... How about you shop with your mother first? I have some calls to make. Here, take this. Spend as much as you want," Leo handed his black card to First. Seeing the card, First's eyes sparkled, and he snatched it eagerly.

"If you say so, babe. See you later," First waved to Leo before rushing off to shop with his mother.

Now, it was just Gulf and Leo. Feeling awkward, Gulf turned around to change, but Leo's voice stopped him.

"I thought you said you wouldn't get married," Leo's voice carried a mix of anger and disappointment. Gulf turned around to respond, but no words came out. It was true; the last time they met, he had shown Leo how much he didn't want to get married. Yet, here he was, in a fitting for his wedding suit.

"It's... It's complicated," Gulf finally spoke after some time. Leo furrowed his brow, observing Gulf's struggle to find words.

Leo closed his eyes, letting out a deep sigh. He tried to suppress the anger building within him. Gulf looked stunning in the suit, adding to Leo's dismay. Leo imagined how Bright would gaze at Gulf on the wedding day, and how people would praise Gulf's beauty as a groom, and it's not him who would stand beside Gulf. Leo moved closer to Gulf, surprising the latter. Gulf gulped and began to step back slowly.

"Le-Leo?" Gulf's voice reflected panic. As Gulf's back hit the wall, Leo approached him, placing both hands on the wall, trapping Gulf. Though Gulf wanted to push Leo away, he found himself ensnared by Leo's intense gaze.

Leo envisioned the wedding night and how Bright would touch Gulf in ways Leo had yearned to. The thought overwhelmed Leo, and he pulled Gulf closer by the waist, causing Gulf to yelp. Leo's stared directly into Gulf's eyes showing how serious he was with his words.

"Run away with me, P... I'll take you away from everything."

TBC