Chapter 15

Nobody quite knows what to say to someone who has lost a loved one, it's always I'm sorry for your loss, never anything else, nobody can ever think of more to say to a person, it's always that one simple sentence. But what do you say to someone when a person they love suddenly comes back from the dead, when a person you have cared so deeply for, for a very long time is suddenly stood in front of you. Katherine certainly didn't know what to say and neither did Dimitri as he took in his girls shocked face.

His girl. since when had he began to think of Katherine as his. That would be something he had never o think about at a later date, right now he needed to help her and definitely help mikhail as he knew that Katherine was going to give him hell for leaving her.

Kat stood frozen, her eyes trained on the man she had killed, the man she could have sworn she killed, she knew she had, she felt the dagger go into his heart and then the fire, she had set his body on fire how in hells name was he standing in front of her without a scratch on his body, she had told his girl he was dead, had mourned him, had yelled at Alberta for being the reason he was dead and now all that seemed wrong, now that he was here and very much alive.

"Katherine honey let him in" Abe spoke softly as to not spook his very shocked daughter

"Baba" she mumbled not moving from her spot

"Yes honey" he asked as he stood from his seat

"I can't move" she whispered as she quickly reached for Dimitris arm, he was the only thing grounding her in that moment

"Why kiz" he asked as he walked over to her, Pavel, mikhail and Dimitri stayed quite watching the scene unfold between them

"I'm scared if I look away he won't be there, loosing him once was enough, I can't loose him again" she whispered as tears rolled down her face

He smiled softly "hug him kiz, hug your brother he's very much alive and not going anywhere again isn't that right mikhail" he asked directing his question towards the man infront of him

Mikhail looked at her with a soft smile on his face "never again, never again am I leaving you Katherine Hathaway, your my sister, you are my number one priority, it's you above anyone else little star" he whispered softly

She let go of Dimitri and launched herself at mikhail her arms wrapping around his neck as her legs went around his waist and she cried into his neck.

"Oh little star" he whispered as he held her to him hugging her tightly, he walked into the cabin and sat down holding her as she cried "shh I've got you"

Dimitri had comforted her for weeks, for months as she cried about mikhail and how she had killed him, once he let go of his girl he was going to beat him.

It took a very long time for Kat to stop her tears, for her to stop the sobbing. Every single minute she cried was like a stab to Dimitris heart, every part of him was screaming to hold her, comfort her but he knew this wasn't something he could help with. Once he cries had stopped he gently took her from mikhail glad that she didn't protest as she quickly clung to him instead.

He slowly walked over to Abe and Pavel and gently set her down on the couch between them "be a good girl and sit her and don't interfere for one moment okay milaya" he whispered as he gently kissed her head, his accent thicker than she had ever heard it

Kat nodded with a small frown on her face as she grabbed her fathers hand

He smiled a little before he turned to mikhail his eyes darkening before he launched himself at him, grabbing in by the collar as he slammed him against the wall "she mourned you" he snarled "I spent months consoling her, telling her it wasn't her fault, she fucking yelled at Alberta for being the that killer you" he growled as his hands tightened around his collar "and now you just show up after months, you show up and pretend nothing is wrong what is wrong with you" he yelled

"Okay mate I'm going to need you to calm down" mikhail spoke trying to diffuse the situation

"I will not calm down, you weren't here, you didn't see how wrecked she was" he growled his Russian accent slipping out more and more until it was so thick that it was now very noticeable

Kat as always definitely didn't do as she was told, she gently set her hand on dimitris back and slowly traced her fingers over it watching as the tension slowly slipped from his body "let him go" she whispered

"No" he growled

"For me, please" she whispered as she gently trailed her hand up to his Molnija marks, she gently ran her fingers over the seven marks on the back of his neck, the six from before his time here and then the one for the stragoi he had killed to save her, for the stragoi he had told everyone she had killed too.

"он позволяет ей прикасаться к своим меткам" (he lets her touch his marks) pavel spoke in Russian, the shock very clear in his voice. A guardians marks were never to be touched unless you were either the spouse of that guardian or you were given express permission from the guardian.

"It's not nice to touch a guardians marks without asking Milaya" he mumbled the tension slowly leaving his body, but his hands still holding mikhail against the wall

"And here I thought you liked it when I touched you" she whispered softly

He spun around and grabbed her, his hands now resting on her waist "only you can ever touch them" he mumbled as he buried his head into her neck and inhaled her scent.

"What is happening right now" Abe mumbled as mikhail rushed over to their side trying to get as far away from Dimitri as possible

"I saw it when he first got here" mikhail mumbled "apart they're dangerous, Kat has marks from the stragoi she has killed, the two at the accident and then the one outside the wards. And Dimitri has his own six before he came here and one saving Kat, but when there together they're lethal, the stragoi hurt Kat and Dimitri went mental, I've never seen someone move so fast or kill a stragoi so fast" mikhail mumbled "but around each other they melt, he's no longer the hard ass guardian, and she's no longer the broken student, it's like they heal each other" mikhail smiled as he watched the scene.

He may have been gone but he knew he had left his sister in capable hands, especially as he watched Dimitri hold her so gently like he was afraid of hurting her. Guardians were trained killers and yet the care he was putting into Katherine was remarkable and she in return was hugging him so gently, calming him down from the haze he had gotten himself into, mikhail had never seen anything like it. The love that shone from them was unique and beautiful, but also very dangerous.

"Soulmates" Abe muttered as he looked at his oldest daughter and Dimitri, he watched them hold each other, watched as with a simple stroke of her hand, Kat has his full attention, this was dangerous.

"They can't be" Pavel mumbled in turkish

"Oh but they are my dear friend I can see it" Abe whispered

Mikhail looked at them again, the shock now clear on his face, but as kats eyes lifted to his, he could see the rage, the hurt, even the betrayal shining through and he knew he was in for it, he knew the next moments of his life could very well be worse than death.