Chapter 19

When your sad people do everything they can to make you happy, when your finally happy it seems that everyone does everything they can to make you sad, every single little thing that makes you happy slowly becomes what you hate the most.

Knowing someone all your life doesn't mean you truly know what there intentions are, someone you have known all your life could turn your life into a shit show, that was something Katherine had began to learn the moment she set foot back into that little cabin.

Sat around the table was no longer just her father, instead, Abe, Alberta, Rose, Lissa and Janine sat there, all of them with different looks on their faces. Lissa was smirking, Abe looked a mix between angry and upset, Rose had the fake look of sadness on her face, the one she used every time to get her way, Janine looked smug and then in the corner of the room in the shadows Mikhail looked livid while a stone faced Alberta looked around the cabin.

Katherine frowned and looked at pavel, who for the first time since she had met him looked equally as confused as she did.

"Did something happen" he asked as he walked through the door with Katherine at his side

All the eyes snapped towards them in the room, she didn't know what was about to happen but it definitely wasn't something good.

She took one look at Dimitri who had retreated into his guardian persona, his hand was on top of his stake ready to attack if he needed to, but she noticed that he stayed right behind her, almost as if he was protecting her.

She took a step forward and looked at all the people in the room before her eyes gravitated towards rose and Lissa before she looked at Abe
"What's wrong baba" she asked, as she looked at him she watched his eyes soften

"Come here sweetheart" he whispered as he stood up

She frowned and stood her head taking a step closer to Dimitri "I would like to know what's going on"

Lissa smirked at her before she put on her facade of the sad princess "we had to tell them Kat im sorry" she whispered

This only made Katherine's frown deepen "what did you tell them, I'm sorry I'm really confused" she mumbled as she looked at pavel, for once he didn't rush to his charges side, instead he stood by her as her doting uncle instead of a guardian.

Janine rolled her eyes "enough of the act you pathetic girl, we know you've been black mailing the princess and Rose, we also know what really happened the day the Dragomirs died" Janine spat

Katherine twitched slightly before her eyes slowly fanned over to Mikhail, his eyes told a thousand stories, his eyes moved from her and landed on Rose, it was clear that whatever was happening was because of Rose.

She cleared her throat and glared at the woman who had birthed her, "exactly how the fuck have I been blackmailing them Janine" she spat

"Do not take that tone with me, I am your mother" she snapped "we know that you've been using your friendship with guardian belikov to make Rose do everything for you, we know that you blackmailed the princess into leaving the academy after her families death"

Her fingers twitched for the stake in pavels pocket, Dimitri watched her fingers twitch, his mouth curling up slightly.

Katherine slowly took a deep breath before she looked at Abe "and you believe this" she asked

Abe watched his daughter for a moment before his eyes landed on Rose, it took a moment for him to answer but when he did his eyes no longer held the same uncertainty they had when she walked in.

"No, no I do not believe it" he whispered as he walked over to her and stop by her side

Her eyes landed on Alberta and she sighed "how could you believe this, after everything you saw" she whispered