99

Terms used in Chapter 99
With Wen Ting Zhou kicking open the door and barging into the birthing room, everyone within said room jumped in fright.

Whereas the midwife who was holding onto the newly born infant patted the baby without showing any visible shock.

“Wah…..”

The infant suddenly cried out loudly.

His cry was sonorous and zestful, his vital energy more than sufficient.

中气 (pinyin: zhong qi) – vital energy of the cavity between the diaphragm and umbilicus, house the spleen, stomach, etc., which facilitates digestion and absorption of nutrition. In traditional Opera singing, it refers to the breath.
It was evident that he was an extremely healthy infant upon listening to his cries.

When Wen Ting Zhou, who had just barged into the birthing room, heard the infant’s loud cry, the scarlet red under his eyes receded instantaneously, and his rationality was restored.

Without even looking at the child, he darted towards the bed in a direct and swift manner, and only when he ascertained that Ruan Xi was safe and sound, did he reveal an emotional and joyous grin.

“Ruan Ruan, it’s been hard on you!”

Ruan Xi was slightly weak from just giving birth, and while she was slightly fatigued, her state of mind was quite decent. When she saw Wen Ting Zhou barging in such a terrifying fashion as he yelled loudly outside the door, and perceived the palpable concern he had for her, the rims of her eyes heated up a little.

“It wasn’t hard, this little guy knows how to cherish people, and he came out without causing much trouble.”

The midwife that was carrying the infant cleaned off the blood residue on his body in a quick and efficient manner. After wrapping him in bright red swaddling clothes, she congratulated Wen Ting Zhou with a crinkle-eyed smile.

“Congratulations Wen daren, congratulating Wen daren, Shao Furen has given birth to a little young master!”

Wen Ting Zhou looked at the infant in the midwife’s arms, unadulterated joy surging in his heart.

This was his and Ruan Ruan’s child.

“Ruan Ruan, look, this is our child, he looks really handsome, and cries sonorously; it’s clear that he’s a sturdy little fellow after hearing him.”

Ruan Xi stared at the ruddy and wrinkly little guy in the swaddling clothes, how did he manage to see the handsomeness…

Although she was inwardly amused, her entire countenance from her brows to the corners of her eyes, was spilling over with a gentle smile.

“Indeed, he really is a sturdy little fellow.”

Mama Yang and the rest did not disturb them.

While the young husband and wife were being joyous and harmonious inside the birthing room, Wen furen was waiting to see her grandson outside, and upon realising that no one was coming out of the birthing room after such a long time, she could not resist stepping in.

Once she entered, she saw her son and daughter-in-law holding a swaddle of cloth as they conversed.

Wen furen: “……”

At this moment, the other midwives in the birthing room hurriedly offered their congratulations to Wen furen. Once Wen furen learned that Ruan Xi had given birth to a chubby child, she grinned from ear to ear, unable to conceal her happiness as she generously rewarded the people involved, while simultaneously doubling this month’s wages for all the servants within the residence.