~ Chapter 03 ~

(❀)
Part three,

" 다시는 보고 싶지 않았지만, 죽도록 기다린 그대에게 "

...

-

-

"Get her."

The traveling doctor scurried off her branch and hopped through the tree. If she fell, that would be another story. A story that wouldn't contain very many chapters.

The rapid arrows being shot towards her direction was much more concerning at the moment. There was a forest behind, which was a possible escape route. The second option was hope for a miracle and start running somewhere once she managed to descend down to ground level— that was if she could outrun the skilled shots of arrows shot by the general herself. Not only that, zaps of purple lightning shot at where her foot was a milisecond before. A tingling sensation lingered by her ankles, but there was no time to check for injuries.

It seemed teacher's past research was correct— the Raiden family were the carriers of the blood of electro.

Grabbing a part of the main trunk, she spun around before blindly jumping towards what she prayed was another branch. Stumbling, another zap of electro sizzled the tree. Finally low enough, she crouched and prepared to take off to the ground below.

Unable to see the arrow making a beeline in the direction, a sudden flash of pain on her right shoulder interrupted the racing train of thoughts. Hissing in pain, Y/n checked the stuck area. Not much blood was coming out, which meant the throbbing pain had to be ignored for a while until she was out of sight from her ambushers. Landing safely onto the ground, her feet took off. But there was a second pair of footsteps behind. There were incoherent shouts, which soon faded after herself and the chaser entered the forest.

Trees and bushes zoomed past by in a blur, her mind solely set on running. Feet barely skimming the ground, adreneline pumped in veins. The pain on shoulder was long forgotten— merely a dull sting emitted by the area.

Whether this was general Kujou or the shogun himself, they were persistant. The doctor would've no doubt outran this person if they were a regular soldier by now. This was likely her first time in this forest, a cliff could be right up ahead and she would fall right down. Although, falling to death seemed like a rather tempting option right now compared to the alternative ending.

The chase continued for what seemed like hours. Not even the sudden sharp turns taken widened the distance between the two. Her stamina was running low, and the adreneline was wearing off from the continued exercise without break. If this kept up, whoever this is will no doubt catch up in no time.

It was dark in here, the only thing illuminating your way were the occasional flickers of fireflies and the fading sunlight. Think faster....

Everything was hazy, and the only thing that came into her senses were the harsh thuding on the ground and her heartbeat thumping madly. Everything else was a blur. Swallowing a thick mixture of air and saliva, Y/n was almost ready to just stop and give up.