~ Chapter 04 ~

(❀)
Part four,

" 이기적인 아이 "
...

" 이기적인 아이 "

-

Turning his head to face the doors, Kunikuzushi clicked his footwear repeatedly until a pause sounded and the door creaked open. A single person rushed into the room, re-closing the entrance soon after. Y/n assumed it was Kokomi but kept her eyes shut just in case. "Psst, you can open your eyes now." The moment her eyelids opened, countless thoughts swarmed her brain. How did he know her name? Why did he sit and speak to himself? What did he mean by all those words? Then suddenly, all the dots connected with each other.

That boy, the rude boy back then.. 'Kabukimono' was the current 'Kunikuzushi.' Alarms went off in her head just by thinking about it.

Kokomi glanced at the doctor worriedly at the continuing silence, wondering if she should speak up or not. If anyone, her companion had all the right to be confused and frustrated right now. Just casually chased and kidnapped by the shogun just like any other normal day. Noticing her discomfort, Y/n shook her head and smiled. "My apologies. It seemed that I zoned out." Her friend quickly shook her head from her position. "No no, it's alright. But.. If you don't mind, maybe I could know your last name at least? Of course, if you feel uncomfortable there is no need at all."
She rambled a little by the end of her sentence in panic for her boldness. Another smile bloomed on Y/n's lips at her flushed state. Kokomi seemed like a trustworthy person, risking her own life lying to the shogun. "You have all the right to know. I go by L/n Y/n. Call me Y/n." Attempting to raise her arm from underneath the cover, the realization of her changed clothing hit.

The traveling doctor's current attire consisted of a plain white yukata with a very lose brownish gray obi. Underneath the soft fabric, she felt the dull throb of professionally done stitches.

There was a huge window by the head of the bed half covered by black curtains along with matching carpets. Brown and black seemed to be the main theme of the room, which wasn't exactly a calming tone of colours for injured and stressed patients. Warmer and lighter colours were generally more successful in helping easing the mind. But of course, this failed to surprise her with who was in the story.

To see how much Kabukimono changed over the years..

Speaking fairly, it was partially her fault. But all she remembered waking up in teacher's arms in a circle filled with strange, unfamiliar symbols. There she simply said something along the lines of- "Once time is pushed by fate, you will meet him again." -when she asked the whereabouts of friend. It turned out the two doctors were both in Sumeru after Y/n had somehow got injured in their previous trip to Inazuma. Specifically, an underground temple in the desert. Teacher never directly answered any of her questions regarding the topic after that, and seemed uncharacteristically distant.

The two of them met many people and made good friends, but a vast empty feeling always remained in her stomach. To leave behind one of her first friends in a wandering life was more painful, but maybe that was for the best. Her purpose was to travel around and see many things, she would've been too attached to that boy by the time it was the schedule for department. Neverthless, the journey began from there on once again. The indigo haired boy buried at the back of her consciousness.