Sixth Year Dramatics

September 1st 1977
-Regulus Pov-

         I felt tapping on my shoulder when I woke up which confused me because I was alone when I fell asleep, I opened my eyes and blinked a bit to get focus on the room around me. When my eyes adjusted to the brightness I saw my friend ‘Evan Rosier’.

"We just arrived at Hogwarts sleepy head" Evan stated I nodded and got up and grabbed my bag, I was still a little unsure of what was happening around me because I haven't fully awoken but that didn't matter since Evan grabbed my hand and dragged me to a carriage to take to the castle.

For most of the ride, we sat in silence, which I didn't mind since I had a headache, probably from lack of food in my stomach. I overall wasn't doing the best, but I had been worse before. I was just happy to be free and far away from home because that's when I am the happiest.

"Potter came looking for you and wanted to talk, but I told him to go away." Evan spoke finally.

"Oh, did he now?" I replied.

"Yeah, he seems pretty persistent. Maybe he likes you or something," Evan told me.

"There is no way he likes me and even if he does, he is so irresponsible with those stupid pranks he must be targeting Slytherin's or someone, plus isn't he head over heels for that red head girl." I responded with more force, even though I didn't really intend it to be directed at Evan.

"He is irresponsible. I'll give him that, but he doesn't seem to be interested in the redhead. He's been ignoring her from what I've seen. While you were asleep, he walked past her without so much as a compliment or date offer, which is odd even for Potter." Evan supplied

I just nodded in reply because there was not much I could come back with. I didn't really care about the whereabouts of Potter or his friends. Honestly, I just wanted to be left alone and Potter and his squad of weirdos had to constantly be messing around and doing juvenile pranks on everyone, but in particular Slytherin's

After an awkwardly quiet ride after the short-lived conversation we made it to the castle, Evan and I made our way to the Great hall that was already buzzing with talking, I glanced over to the Gryffindor table and made eye contact with my brother that I cut almost immediately because if anyone could read me it was my brother and that was the last thing I needed.

I sat down with Evan, and Barty joined us with a soft smile to greet but turned his attention to Dumbledore, who was hushing the great hall for his appending start of the year speech that unfortunately never changed and I probably could recite with no problems.

I finished my meal and made my way out of the great hall in hopes to get to the library for some reading but unfortunately the world had other plans because I was suddenly tugged into a broom cupboard that I'm sure some seventh years we're snogging in last year.

"What do you want, Sirius?" I said, with a hint of frustration.

"I wanted to check on you. You seemed off, and you hardly ate at the feast. You look like Shit." Sirius said with the same tone because if anyone was going to not be soft with me, it would be Sirius.

"Thanks, brother, just what I wanted to hear." I replied

“I'm just trying to look out for you.” Sirius said.

“I didn't ask for you to do that.” I replied.

“Why didn't you come with me? She's obviously hurting you.” Sirius said.

“It doesn't matter if you left. I had to stay. Remember, I'm the backup heir.” I replied angrily.

“So you're saying my freedom did this?” Sirius asked.