4:44

4:44

They say true love's the greatest weapon
To win the war caused by pain

A story about marriage, family, and the man who's trying to hold it all together.

4:44

The Anoa'i family (Samoan pronunciation: [a.noˈaʔ.i] ah-no-AH ee) is a family of professional wrestlers originating from American Samoa. Family members have comprised several tag teams and stables within a variety of promotions. Famous members of the family include Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, WWE Hall of Famers Rikishi, Yokozuna, and brothers the Wild Samoans (Afa and Sika Anoaʻi). Other notable members include Roman Reigns, Jey Uso and Jimmy Uso, Umaga, Rosey, Jacob Fatu, and Solo Sikoa.

Reverend Amituana'i Anoa'i and Peter Maivia were blood brothers, a connection that continued with Afa and Sika, who regard Peter as their uncle. Peter married Ofelia "Lia" Fuataga, who already had a daughter named Ata, whom he adopted and raised as his own. Ata married wrestler Rocky Johnson, and the couple became the parents of Dwayne Johnson, who wrestled as "Rocky Maivia" and "The Rock" before establishing himself as an actor. Dwayne's younger half-sister, Toya Johnson-Fatu, married into the family by marrying Johan Fatu.

Peter's first cousin Joseph Fanene was the father of Savelina Fanene, who is known in WWE as Nia Jax. Savelina also has a younger brother, Hin Hins Man. Fahayra Mattio Anoaʻi, known in WWE as Essence, married into the family by marrying Roman Reigns. Fahayra's older sister, Kandi Fatu married into the family by marrying Jey Uso. Trinity Fatu, known in WWE as Naomi, married into the family by marrying Jimmy Uso. Jimmy Snuka is related by marriage, with his children Sarona Snuka, known as Tamina, and Jimmy Snuka Jr, known as Deuce or Sim Snuka, having both wrestled for WWE.

Aleni Anoa'i, son of  Sika Anoa'i is a football running back for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers of the National Football League (NFL). Aleni was selected first overall by the Houston Texans in the 2006 NFL Draft. Hollywood stuntman Tanoai Reed (known as Toa on the new American Gladiators) is the great-nephew of wrestling promoter Lia Maivia (Peter Maivia's wife), while professional wrestler Lina Fanene (Nia Jax) is Dwayne Johnson's second cousin once removed. Johnson's daughter Simone performs in WWE's developmental league NXT as Ava Raine, a member of The Schism, a villainous stable led by Joe Gacy. Sean Maluta, nephew of Afa Anoaʻi, was a participant in WWE's first Cruiserweight Classic tournament. Isayah Fatu, son of the late Eddie "Umaga" Fatu, has begun training at Booker T's Reality of Wrestling. Journey Fatu (brother of Jacob Fatu and son of Sam Fatu) wrestles independently.

Leati Joseph Anoaʻi (born May 25, 1985) is an American professional wrestler and former professional gridiron football player

Leati Joseph Anoaʻi (born May 25, 1985) is an American professional wrestler and former professional gridiron football player. He is currently signed to WWE, where he performs on the SmackDown brand under the ring name Roman Reigns. He is part of the Anoaʻi family, which also includes his father Sika Anoaʻi, brother Rosey, and cousins Jey Uso, Jimmy Uso, Rikishi, The Tonga Kid, Jacob Fatu, Zilla Fatu, and the late Yokozuna and Umaga.