Chapter Five

Chapter Five

Fahayra glared at Kandi as Joe and Joshua talked about something sports-related.

"Girl, you need to fix your face, before I come over there and fix it for you," Kandi warned Fahayra.

Fahayra rolled her eyes.

"Why are you here?" Fahayra asked Kandi.

"Because I was invited. Look, I said I was sorry, Fahayra, I know you're mad that I told Joshua, who told Joe that you had an abortion but how was I supposed to know that you didn't tell your husband about it," Kandi replied.

"It doesn't even matter anymore, I'm just that I can keep your secrets but you can't keep mine," Fahayra said.

Joe and Joshua paused their conversation and looked over at their wives.

"What fucking secrets?" Joshua asked.

Kandi shakes her head.

"Girl, if you open your mouth, I will pop you," Kandi told Fahayra.

"Well, I guess you're gonna have to pop me then," Fahayra said, preparing to tell Joshua about Kandi's secrets.

"No one is popping anyone. Fahayra did you forget you're preg-" Joshua cuts Joe off.

"You're pregnant. Damn, Joe you just have been motivated to have this baby, huh," Joshua said.

Kandi raised an eyebrow.

"You went and had an abortion just to get pregnant again, you're ridiculous," Kandi said.

Fahayra pouted.

"I wasn't trying to get pregnant again. It just happened," Fahayra said.

Joe scoffed. Joshua gave Joe a look.

"Uce, you don't seem happy about it," Joshua said.

"Well, you know after you find out your wife had an abortion behind your back, it makes you look at her differently," Joe explained shrugging his shoulders.

Joshua hit him on his chest.

"Uce, you should be happy that y'all getting another chance to have more kids," Joshua said.

Fahayra frowned at Joshua's words. If only he knew the reason why he and Kandi couldn't have more children. Joe sighed. He felt so insensitive at the moment. He knew how much Joshua wanted more kids but it just never happened for him and Kandi.

Joe clenched his jaw as he watched Fahayra look at Kandi with a petty smile on her face. Why the fuck is she acting up?

"Kandi, why don't you give him another child?" Fahayra asked Kandi.

Kandi glared at Fahayra.

"Girl, if you..." Fahayra cuts Kandi off.

"Oh, that's right you can't because you got your tubes tied," Fahayra said, smirking.

Joe's eyes open wide at the shocking news. Joshua looked like he was about to have a heart attack.

"Fahayra!" Kandi exclaimed.

"Kandi!" Fahayra exclaimed.

"You're so lucky, you're pregnant because I would fuck you up right now," Kandi said before looking over at Joshua. "Josh, baby," She said, trying to find justification for getting her tubes tied without telling him.

Joshua gave her an icy glare.

"You've been too busy telling me everyone else's business but you forgot to tell me that your business," Joshua said.

"I was going to tell you," Kandi said.

"When? On my deathbed," Joshua said.

At this point, Joe thinks maybe Fahayra's cheating isn't the worst thing in the world. Imagine, thinking your wife has fertility issues and that's why y'all can't have more kids. Then to suddenly find out she got her tubes tied is crazy as hell.

"Fahayra, let's leave them to talk," Joe said.

"Okay," Fahayra said, getting up.

Joshua and Kandi start yelling at each other as soon as Joe and Fahayra leave the room.

"How many secrets do you and your sisters keep for each other?" Joe asked Fahayra as they entered the kitchen.

"We're a shady bunch, Joe," Fahayra answered.