Chapter Eight

"Oh my God, you must want my husband to kill," Fahayra said as she walked up to Duke waiting for her by her car.

"You can't keep ignoring me, Fahayra, you remember our deal," Duke said.

"Duke, the deal was off the minute my husband caught us in his hotel room and beat the shit out of you," Fahayra told him as she unlocked her car so she could get in.

"Nah, it's not over until I say it is," Duke said as he blocked her from entering the car.

"Duke, move, I have nothing to do with you. My husband knows everything so I'm not scared of you anymore," Fahayra said as she tried to push him out of the way.

Duke chuckled before he slapped her in the face.

She jumped away from him and held her face in shock. "Did you just slap me?" She asked him.

"I told you I'm not one of these dudes out here, you're gonna respect me, Fahayra," Duke told her.

Fahayra reaches into her purse.

"What are you going to call your husband to come save you?" Duke teased her.

"No, but I'm going to shoot you," Fahayra said as she pulled out her gun and aimed at his feet.

She shoots him in the foot.

"Now, Duke, I tried to keep it cute with you but you must have forgotten what Hood raised me. Now you're gonna hop your ass away from my car and out of my life or else I will shoot you again and this time it's going to be a bullet to the head," She said as waved her gun at his head.

Duke ducked out the away and let Faahyra get in her car. "Crazy bitch," Duke said in shock that she shot him.

"What? You thought I was really scared of you, pussy, you better ask about me," She said before driving off.

Duke stood there in shock. He couldn't believe she played him. What the fuck was he going to do now?

Meanwhile, Joe received a call from his private investigator. "Yeah, Joe, your wife just shot Duke in the foot," Bill told Joe while taking pictures of Duke rushing to his car.

"What do you mean my wife just shot someone?" Joe asked Bill.

"Duke walked up to her and slapped her so she shot him in the foot and threatened to put a bullet in his head the next time he comes near her," Bill answered.

"I think you're following the wrong person. My wife doesn't own a gun," Joe said.

Bill shakes his head.

"It seems like you don't know a lot about your wife, Joe," Bill said.

"I guess I don't, just keep following them," Joe said.

"Alright," Bill said.

Joe ends the call in disbelief. When the hell did Fahayra get a gun? Why did Duke slap her?

Joe puts his phone down and rubs his temples. Ever since he found out about Fahayra's affair he has been getting headaches constantly. She had him stressed out.

"Why would you shoot Duke?" Joe asked Fahayra the minute she walked into the house.

"How do you know I shot him?" Fahayra asked Joe.

"That doesn't matter. When did you get a gun? Why do you have a gun? What type of secret life have you been keeping from me?" Joe asked her.

Fahayra held a hand up for Joe to stop talking.

"First of all, I've always had a gun and I don't have a secret life. Second of all, I just never told you I had a gun, that's all. Third of all, I shot Duke because he slapped me for letting him know that he could no longer blackmail me since you knew everything now," Fahayra explained to Joe.

"So he slapped you because I know about the tape?" Joe asked.

"Yeah, he swore up and down that he was this tough guy so I showed him who was really about that life and it is clear it ain't him," Fahayra replied.

Joe shakes his head.

"Well, you shot him in self-defense but we don't have to worry about that because Duke isn't that stupid to go to the police," Joe said.

"I mean he might go to the police since he has no leverage," Fahayra said.

"No, he won't because I already started building a case against him so if he doesn't want to do time himself then he'll lay low and leave you alone," Joe said.

Fahayra nods.

"Okay, but are you upset that I have a gun?" Fahayra asked Joe.

Joe sighed.

"I wish you would have told me you had one before today, Fahayra, it's crazy to know that I've been living in a house that has a gun. What if the kids find it?" Joe replied.

"The gun is always locked up in a safe in our bedroom and somewhere the kids will not be able to get into, Joe," Fahayra told him.

"Still you should have told me. What do you even need a gun for?" Joe asked her.

"My dad gave it to me for my twenty-first birthday," Fahayra told Joe.

"I don't remember him giving you a gun at the party," Joe said, confused.

Fahayra chuckled.

"Why would he give me a gun at a party, Joe? No, he gave it to me at home after I got my gun license that week," Fahayra revealed to Joe.

"That's crazy," Joe said.