Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

[A|N: Hey guys, due to a high volume of demands here's another alternate story where Fahayra and Joe are the ones having an affair behind Galina's back, and it's called His Other Woman. Check it out. What should we name this trilogy?]

Today, Joe received the results of the Non-invasive prenatal paternity test from last week. It was supposed to take longer to come in but Joe paid extra money for the results to be rushed as it is urgent he knows the paternity of the baby growing in Fahayra's stomach.

He was planning on opening it with Fahayra but he ended up, staying in his home office alone, building the courage to open the sealed envelope. Fahayra didn't know he had the results already. He would tell her the results after he processes his emotions.

He was worried about whether the baby was his or not. If this baby turns out to be his, then he would love and take care of this baby just like he does his other children but if this baby wasn't his.

He wasn't sure if he could watch Fahayra raise another man's child. If Fahayra even keeps this baby. She probably would get another abortion.

Joe leans back in his seat and sighs. He hopes this baby is his baby, but there is some part of him that feels this baby may not be his.

Joe finally found the courage to rip open the envelope and started to read the results. He sighs and smiles at the results. The results show that Joe is 99.9% the father of the unborn child.

Joe was happy. He got up from his seat and walked out of his home office, heading to the living room where Fahayra was sitting and watching television.

He makes it to the living room and stands in front of the television. He places the results on the coffee table in front of her.

"You better thank God this baby is mine because I was going to put you through hell for having another man's child," Joe said.

Fahayra picked up the paper and read the results.

She looked up at Joe and smiled.

"I told you this is your baby," Fahayra said.

Joe grits his teeth and his jaw tenses.

"Well, if you hadn't cheated I wouldn't have had a hard time believing you," Joe said.

Joe glares at her, and she squirms and looks down.

"I know and I'm sorry that I have lost your trust in me but I promise I will earn your trust back," She said as her lip trembled and her eyes again filled with tears.

Joe groaned.

"I wish you would stop crying. Your ass wasn't crying when you went out and cheated on me," He said.

"I can't help it," She said.

"Well, get it together, those tears aren't working on me and they probably never will anymore," He said, walking away from her.

"Wait!" She called out, getting up to follow him out of the living room. "What happens now?" She asked him.

Joe flattened his lips.

"What does this mean for us?" She asked him.

"It means we're having another baby, Fahayra, I didn't realize you were slow," He replied.

Fahayra stood there with her lips parted in shock.

"You don't have to be rude," She said.

"You can walk away before I say something even more rude," He told her.

She walked away before he could say anything else.

Joe went upstairs to their bedroom as he was about to open the door. Joelle appeared.

"You guys are having another baby," Joelle said.

"What did I tell you about eavesdropping?" He asked his daughter.

"Not to do it but you guys were loud," Joelle replied.

Joe sighed as he didn't want to talk about it because he was still processing the news himself.

"We'll talk about this later but for now keep it a secret," He told her.

Joelle nods.

"Okay," Joelle said.

Joelle pulled out her phone and immediately texted her twin sister the news. There was no way she was keeping what she heard in the living room to herself especially not from her twin sister.

Joe closed the bedroom door behind him as his phone vibrated in his pocket. He pulled out his phone and saw it was a FaceTime call from Josh.

Joe answered the call. Joshua's face appeared on the screen. "Hey, uce, I hope you have bail money because I'm ready to commit a crime," Josh said.

Joe raised his eyebrows in confusion.

"What the hell going on over there that you're ready to go to jail for it?" Joe asked Josh.

Josh sneered.

"Kandi just dropped a bomb on me," Josh answered.

"What did she tell you?" Joe asked him.

Josh closed his eyes to hold back his tears. Joe frowned. He has never seen his cousin like this before not even when Fahayra revealed that Kandi got her tubes tied.

"She cheated, uce," Josh revealed to Joe.

"What!?" Joe shouted.

Josh shakes his head.

"And get this...York may not be mine. All these years of being a good man to her and now she tells me my firstborn may not be mine, Joe," Josh said.

Joe was speechless.

"What the hell is wrong with these Mattio women?" Joe asked.

"I've been asking myself that question too," Josh stated.