Chapter Four

Chapter Four

Joe paced around the room.

"And when the fuck you planned to tell me that he has been blackmailing you?" Joe asked Fahayra.

Fahayra looked down at her hands, afraid to look at Joe. He was pissed.

"What was your plan to keep sleeping with him until he gave you the sex tape?" He asked her while plopping down on the bed, not taking his eyes off of her.

She let out a huff. "No, that night you caught us... I was going to offer to buy the sex tape from him," She answered.

Joe narrowed her eyes at him.

"So, you never planned on telling me anything," Joe said.

Fahayra nods.

"I thought once I got the sex tape, I could bury the affair and move on. I'm sorry," She said.

Joe rubbed his face and groaned.

"You're a fool, Fahayra. Even if he did give you the sex tape, don't you think he still would have exposed the affair because he no longer had leverage over you?" He asked her.

Fahayra frowned. She didn't think about that. She was so busy trying to keep Joe from finding out about her cheating that she didn't think about what Duke would do if he couldn't use the sex tape against her anymore.

"No, I didn't," She answered.

Joe shakes his head.

"I'm going to call our lawyer and have it handled but if there is anything else you're hiding from me, Fahayra, you better tell me now," He said.

"There is something else I have to tell you," She said.

Joe raises an eyebrow.

"What is it?" He asked her.

"When I went to get tested for any STIs, I found out something," She answered.

"What? Do you have something incurable?" He asked.

Fahayra shakes her head no.

"No, I'm clean...I'm just..." Fahayra fumbles for the words.

"Speak up, Fahayra," He tells her with a scowl on his face.

Fahayra knows that there is no way she'd ever be able to hide this from Joe. Someone would tell him or he would out on his own since they live together. Fahayra doesn't want to have to deal with it later, so she decides to just tell them him and get it over with and deal with Joe's anger.

"I'm pregnant," She tells him as she doesn't look at him after announcing her pregnancy.

She can't. She doesn't want to see the look of disgust on his face. She knows he's probably going to say it's not his child.

The sound of Joe's voice, surprised and angry makes her look at him.

"Wow," He said, staring stoically at her. "How far along are you?" He asked.

"Six weeks," She answered.

"Is he the father? Are you going to get another abortion again?" He asked her.

Fahayra tucks her bottom lip in her mouth.

"This is your baby, Joe," She tells him.

Joe scoffed.

"Girl, bye. We'll see if it's my baby after a DNA test because of now that baby might just be for the mailman," He said.

Fahayra knew she deserved that but she was one hundred percent sure that this baby is for Joe. The timeline matches up to the last time they had sex.

"This is your baby but we can get a DNA test done," She said.

Joe nods.

"This is fucking crazy," He said.