Chapter 2: The Legend of the No Man's Face

Four victims, of whom three died almost on the same day, the cadet... Unfortunately, we couldn't determine when he died; it could have been presumed that he died at the same time, but apparently he died later. Connecting the crime scene wasn't an easy task.

The beheading lady wasn't killed with any pistol, but from the one used mainly for law enforcement, I don't know how they got their hand with it. Maybe from James, but it didn't make any sense since he died later. Could it be someone associated with the police department? Maybe, but I'm not sure. While I was filling out the paper, Brooke came in, stating there was another victim, and quickly we ran to the scene of the crime.

The fifth victim was a man in his forties, and apparently his death was the most sickening out of all. I'm not going into detail, but I can say the body was completely obliterated and completely unrecognisable. We tracked some cyanide, but the death was from multiple gunshots. Since there were thousands of bullet holes, his death was more recent. We checked around and interrogated some witnesses; some were obscured, others were plain out of context, for example.

"Witness stated they saw a man with brown attire."
It was like they were describing an old detective from the 1920s. Out of all the statements, there was one that they kept repeating; they all said it was the curse of No Man's Face. At first, I didn't believe them, but they kept mentioning it over and over. I then did some research when I came back.

Two days have passed. I was sitting on the couch with, in front of me, a small legged table with tonnes of paper scattered around and my laptop in my lap, searching for this so-called folktale.
Maybe the story has a role in the killing.
According to the legend, three hundred years ago there lived a man, whose name was unknown, who was titled No Man's Face because the victims died right after they caught a glimpse of his face. So the man face was never detailed; it caused panic, terror, and horror around the town. They said it was a devil spawned who came upon the land of the living to rid off the human race from the face of the earth, until a group of rebels batched together to take down once and for all the inhuman devil, in which they managed to succeed. Even so, the No Man's Face then rises back, becoming the so-called spirit of vengeance, killing everyone who chose to rebel against his nightmare.
So every night during a full moon, our satellite will turn red, meaning No Man's Face is roaming around killing anybody in sight before spotting his face.

Such a story couldn't be connected with the actual crime; witnesses kept saying they saw the moon turning red and that a person was killed in the moment. The question I'm asking is: What is the reason for such sinful deeds? Is it a deranged fan imitating the scene of the story? I might have to contradict since the style of killing is quite different. In the story, No Man's Face kills people by ripping their hearts out; the reason is so he can prove their hearts were rotten to the core, where in turn the hearts become black and tarnished. At first, I didn't want to believe such a thing could happen, but I started to think about James Stern, because his body was disintegrated except his heart, which, based on the description, could be that James was the first to die, so he took the pistol and killed the fourth victim, but the autopsy didn't match my ideas. While I was lost in my thoughts, suddenly I felt a presence from behind, like someone was trying to ambush me. Then two hands were placed around my head, covering my vision; it was my wife, Brooke. You see, after our marriage, we couldn't spend time together that much since I was working, and there were multiple occasions that she tried to seduce me. After covering my eyes, she revealed herself wearing daring nightwear. She grabbed my laptop and put it aside so she could climb at me so she could spend time with me. She was about to kiss me until we received a call. It was from an officer from the police department; his name is Bertrand Gaumond. He called me seeking help because he said that the killer was inside his house.