? Pov

Ever since I noticed the friendship forming between the boys, I couldn't help but feel a sense of content as I went about my days. I would do my chores and take care of the boys with a smile on my face, even if they were having bad days. I was also picking up on little things they did for each other.

For example, when Dust started to zone out, a telltale sign of him possibly going into an episode, Killer, Horror, and Error would try and distract him with things. Another example was if the others noticed Horror trying to skip meals because of worrying about food, they would make him eat.

When Killer got particularly fake with emotions, Dust and Horror would sit beside him as Error opened a window to some AU, UnderNovela, I think. It would cause Killer to relax as much as he could. The group would go out and get Error a bunch of UnderFell chocolate whenever he seemed to have a particularly bad day as well. It was the little things they did.

Honestly, it was surprising how happy for them I was and how proud I was, too. It wasn't like they were my kids. They were all grown ass adults and could take care of themselves. I just chose to start taking care of them from the shadows. They don't know me, don't know I exist, nothing. I really shouldn't feel these emotions as strongly as I do. All I could really do was watch from afar, not letting myself get seen.

Though I didn't have to really dwell on my feelings for too long since Nightmare ended up bringing another person, or 2, back to the castle. Though this was a, well, strange duo. How were they strange? Well, they shared a soul. Cross, the skeleton and 'body', and Xara, the 'Human'. Xara was the first semi alive human I've seen since... well, since I've died.

Cross and Xara also seemed to like chocolate but didn't seem to get along. Xara seemed to hate Cross, and Cross seemed to hate himself for whatever happened. They also seemed to be able to share a body, though Cross didn't seem to like it when Xara took over. It was worrying for me since I didn't want them to be unhappy.

I'm not exactly sure what I can do about the situation since I can't really do anything to their soul, and I'm not exactly making myself known either. Though I think Error is trying trying to help them, I think. I'm not too sure since I don't stay to watch them talk too often.

I still have chores to do, and my self assigned chores of taking care of the others. Like food, laundry, making sure their things are in their room, that sort of thing. When I'm not doing chores, self assigned, or not, I'm practicing with my shadows. Or I'm reading and trying to find out a way to help Xara and Cross's situation.

It was a long shot, but I wanted to at least try. If I don't find anything, then at the very least, I tried. If I do find something, then I could help them out! Plus, I enjoyed reading, as I found out. I could start a book and not stop reading it until the end, even if hours pass by. Thankfully, I didn't miss any meal times, but that had been a heart attack and a half. If I had a heart anyway. Being a Shadow Papyri kinda meant I didn't have a heart... or a physical soul. Since I'm made of magic and all that...

So, once again, I had to change my routine. This time now having 7 people to take into account, 2 of them being ghosts. They... pretty much took up all of my free time nowadays. Though I did find out that as a Shadow Papyri, I didn't need any sleep, so that was something. I had more time to read books and practice my shadow magic. So that was a happy little coincidence.

Though, I seemed to have gotten way to lax as the years went by. How do I know this? Well, because I forgot one very important and crucial fact. Ghosts don't sleep. In fact, I don't think they can sleep. They also didn't have anything to entertain them in their... uh, 'partners', is that what I should call them? Room. So what did the bored ghosts do? They decided to explore while their 'Alive' person slept.

So, as you can guess, it was only a matter of time before Phantom and Xara ended up running into me. If I had a heart, I would have died. Since they found me while I was reading a book, and when I finished, they were both right in front of me, causing me to yelp and jump in my non existing skin. As I stared at them, there was only one word going through my mind, 'Fuck!'
__________

Here is chapter 3! Thoughts?