Chapter 2 | The Next Marginal

At 7:36 A.M, Jarred woke up to hail hitting his window. He heard glass shatter and he ran away from the window. Hail began to fall onto the floor, he picked a handful up and set it on his desk.

The hailstorm would weaken right over his house. He took a photo of the small hail and sent it to Julia. He also sent the destroyed window photo to her, making her chuckle.

That wouldn't be the only storm that day though, as he drove over to Edmond, and drove straight through a hailstorm, beginning to damage his windshield, 3 small cracks were in his windshield, well, from that day.

The tornado threat wasn't there for today, which kind of gave central Oklahoma a little bit of a break from one of the worst threats. Though still winds from 40 to 60 miles per hour and hail up to half dollar sized still fell, nobody was injured or killed.

Then another storm began to develop. This storm was the worst hailstorm Jarred would ever go through. Yep! On a Marginal Risk too.

Large hail began to slam his windshield at Yukon at 12:37 P.M. Up to grapefruit sized. His windshield then completely busted. He drove out of the thunderstorm, with a small cut on his arm.

He parked at Oklahoma City and very quickly got his windshield fixed before the storm moved into the metro.

The hail got larger, 5 to 6 inches. Jarred saw people running across the street and sidewalks, he saw people get head in the head, and knocked unconscious, while hail smacks their faces and body, causing blood to stream.

The storm started to weaken and had just turned into small showers after around 15 minutes.

Jarred got out of his vehicle, checking on people outside. He had reported a few people get critically injured until he found someone, without a pulse.

It was the first time he had actually witnessed a death right in front of him.

He began to feel confused on what to do, so he reported what happened in the metro to emergency management, and left as he saw the ambulances and fire trucks begin to swarm the metro like bees.

The next threat though, with the next storms would be the wind.

A new storm formed a mile west of The Village, so he parked there and... witnessed strong winds.

He put a probe down and stood outside with a anemometer in his hand. He put his hand above the screen so he could take a look at the gusts he was capturing, because visibility with the winds and rain, were almost zero.

He captured a gust of 71 miles per hour.

The winds maintained themselves for about 20 minutes until it slowly began to weaken. As he got a warning for strong outflow winds, up to 60 miles per hour.

He chose not to drive to them, as he felt like outflow winds were, "boring."

Another Storm formed ahead of him, which was stronger.

It directly hit The Village again with winds in excess of 75 to 80 miles per hour! A 82 mile per hour wind gust hit him directly, and almost knocked Jarred off his feet.

He got back in his car and backed up from the gas station he was parked near, as he got farther away from it, it would collapse.

The winds were so severe the whole entire building would collapse. Jarred then got back onto the road and drove towards an area with less buildings, as the winds barely got over 82 miles per hour, with a peak wind gust of 84 miles per hour.

The storm weakened a bit, with maximum winds of 73 miles per hour.

Jarred's car started to shake. The bad part, was the winds shifted east. So now they were side winds. Which commonly flips cars over during severe winds.

Jarred had then backed up and parked in a better direction so the winds were not blowing the side of his car. Winds slightly weakened a bit more, with maximum winds of 67 miles per hour.

He saw a building's roof blow off behind him. Jarred knew that these risks were definitely worse than your normal Marginal risk storms. Winds then went below 45 miles per hour, with heavy rain.

The wind then rapidly dropped. And the rain had stopped. The storms were over for that day.

With 80mph winds and 5 inch hailstones, there were 17 deaths with 24 injuries.

Jarred thought how that risk should've been at least a slight, but it wasn't forecasted for the storms to be this severe, so he wasn't too angry.

He quickly went home and took a shower, as tomorrow would probably be one of the most significant weather events in the world.

He texted Julia for a bit, telling her how he went outside during the hail and winds, and the morning where his window in the front room was destroyed.

Then he powered his phone off, turned the lamp off, shut his eyes, and went to sleep.

The sleep he got, was needed for the next day.