Overstepping Boundries

TW: rape (not really discriptive and not Mena experiencing it) Uhmmm thats it

ok dawg, I didn't really feel like writing everything through the pregnancy sooo like time jump also sorry for the longer chapter

--

Today is my 3rd doctors appointment, but this one is the one that matters the most because we can find out the baby's gender. Emily and I both agreed to do not find out until the gender reveal party, we haven't figured out who would be in charge yet though. I am 14 weeks today so the baby is the size of a lemon. I already opened the lemon themed gift basket this morning from Emily, it went straight into the nursery afterwards, with the rest of the baskets. I love the amount of effort she is putting into this baby.

6th week was sweet peas, 7th week was blueberries, 8th week was raspberries, 9th was rape, 10th was prune. 11 weeks was lime, 12 weeks was a um, 13 was a peach, and now a lemon. It is crazy how big I have gotten too, I officially don't fit into any of my oversized clothing, and I am too short to wear any of Emily's clothes. I had to actually go out and buy maternity clothes so it doesn't just look like I am fat. I was cleared to go into the field for about 5 weeks and then was sidelined because Emily was too scared that I was going to get injured, instead of arguing with her I just decided to go with it because I wasn't about to go chase after serial killers with a baby in me.

I get up and put my hair in a claw clip, not wanting to deal with it. I then do light makeup, blush, highlighter, mascara, and brows. I get changed while Emily finishes making me breakfast, even though she doesn't eat, she makes me a very healthy breakfast for the baby and I every morning, no matter if we are out on a case or if we are home, she will go out and get some if she can't make it.

I slip on one of my black maternity skirts that goes to my knees and I pair it with an oversized red button up of Emily's that I have grown very fond of these passed 3 weeks. I then put on my black heels, at the office I have a pair of slippers that Garcia got me for a gift. We have the car ride to the doctors and to the office to decide who we can trust to keep a secret about the gender reveal party. I walk out and see Emily watching the news while she finishes plating my plate, scrambled eggs with toast and cut up strawberries with honey on them. This woman is too good for me.

"I was thinking Tara or Pen." I say to Emily, she just gives me a confused look, "For the gender reveal party." I state.

"About that, I think those are amazing options because I was thinking on my side I want Tara to be the Godmother." Emily states, it is almost like she was reading my mind.

"That is exactly what I was hoping you would say because I want Reid to be from my side, I wanted Tara to be from yours because I feel like they would be wonderful godparents." I say getting up to hug Emily.

"Ok perfect!" Emily says as she kisses my forehead. "Ok now eat up." Emily ushers me as we watch the news, her drinking her borderline black coffee, me with my peppermint tea and breakfast. We have fallen into a really nice runtime, I am in love with it all.

Once we are done we head to the doctors office. We are brought in by a nurse who starts taking her normal tests, my blood sugar, blood pressure, heart rate, etc.

"Hello Dr. Ramírez and Ms. Prentiss. Dr. Montgomery will be with you in a few." The nurse says as she finishes up taking all the regular tests.

"We will need to start thinking about names after this, we are already in the 2nd trimester." Emily blurts out after the nurse leaves.

"how do you know more about pregnancy than I do? And I am the pregnant one." I say.

"Well I have read about 2-4 books and I have done my research." Emily blurts out before she could stop herself. She just gets all red.