Hayasaka and Shinzo Take a Summer Trip 2.6

"Hey guys," Hayasaka greeted them in a pleasant tone. "Can we have a game against you?"

They stopped and paid attention to the newcomers in their area. One of them gave a welcoming gesture. "Sure! Some of us might need the substitution. Say—"

"I think something went wrong with what was said," Shinzo clarified. "We want a game against you."

The player didn't understand what they meant. "Wait, you mean... us against the two of you?

The two nodded with innocent looks.

"But you do know we'll be having six against two."

"Ah, no worries," the two said. "We could use the challenge."

"You're out of your minds," said another player as she confronted them.

Then Hayasaka gave a smug look. "Just wait and see."

They agreed and had a match.

On one side was Hayasaka and Shinzo warming themselves up for the game and on the other side were six players, expecting this to be a ridiculously easy game.

I mean, it was a two-against-six play, what did you expect?

"Service!" one of the players hollered and gave the first serve. It soared in the air and was heading for Hayasaka.

With a steady stance, she hit the ball and soared back to the other side.

But with quick succession, they receive it and one player made a spike, sending the ball off like a bullet at an blind spot.

"Easy point," the player thought.

But he almost choked at his words as with blinding speed Shinzo dove and hit the ball back, sending it high in the air. Then Hayasaka jumped and drew back her arm to initiate a spike. In an instant, the ball hurtled toward their opponents like a flash.

Without realizing it, the ball landed on their field.

One point to the two.

"Darn kids..." one of the players said as he stepped back to serve the ball. "Service!" and immediately another ball flew through the air.

Shinzo was quick to receive and spat it back to the other side. But his eyes widened as the three players at the forefront suddenly formed a wall to block the ball. It hit it and was about to tumble to the ground.

Until.

With dust clouding the air, Hayasaka kicked the ball upward, saving them. It soared up, to the jaw-dropped reaction of their opponents.

But Shinzo grimaced at this.

"You're not the only one who gets to do those moves!" he shouted. Then he headbutted the ball (which sure as hell hurt a lot) and travelled back to the other side.

In shock, the team ignored the ball landing on their field as they stood in awe at what was probably the strongest set of opponents they had in their whole lives.

A couple of high-schoolers with insane levels of skills.

Another point to the duo.

"Just who are these guys?" one player asked his teammate. The other shrugged, half-confused and another half terrified at the potential they had.

They wanted a casual game, not this.

"Just one point," a player said as she stepped back. "Service!" another ball swerved through the air.