7

The Only J

LISA

I'm inside the plane, trembling for I don't know what's going to happen when I reach my destination. Am I going to find her there? There's no guarantee. But I will do everything for Jennie. I believe, I'll have her again.

I have been here flying for three hours but I couldn't sleep. I tried listening to music and reading a book but I really couldn't rest. I opened my phone and scanned all photos and video clips of Jennie and I. I collected some and made a slideshow through an app just not to get bored inside the plane. I really miss her. I really wish that she's there. Honestly, I am so scared. What if she's really gone? What if I meet people who used to be with her and they're going to tell me that something happened to my girlfriend? Lord, I know that I have a strong feeling that I will find Jennie, but what if I'm wrong?

After long hours of my flight, I landed here in the land of souvlaki. I can't wait to taste that legit food here.

"Welcome to Greece, Lisa." I said after taking a deep breath as I held a grip on my backpack. I did not bring a luggage anymore as I only have few clothes because I came straight from Japan.

Jennie's Dad took a flight the other day going to Paris. I have been in contact with him. Today he is scheduled to discuss with the police officers about the CCTV clips we saw days ago. I know it's confusing us but we will really never know the truth until we find Jennie.

I immediately looked for a restaurant for me to eat. I chose the one near the bus station. After I had my meal, I bought a sim card for my phone and a ticket for Sigri. I can't believe I am taking a ten-hour bus ride from Rhodes to Sigri and I still have to take a boat going to the fishing village Mr. Aoki's men told me where they last encountered Jennie.

While on the ride, I kept monitoring my location and I sent it to Jennie's Dad. I have noticed that I am slowly losing my phone signal. Oh, god. What's going to happen to me when I totally lose it?

When I arrived at the coast opposite to Sigri, my head really ached so bad because I couldn't understand people's language here. I was trying to find someone who can speak in English but I failed. So, what I did was, I just used my fingers to point which ticket I am getting for the boat ride going to this island.

I rode the boat and there's this man who smiled at me. I think, it's too obvious that I am a foreigner here. He's one of the passengers who lives in Sigri and he speaks a little English. Thank god! He asked me where I am headed to and I told him so. He said, when we reach the island, I still have to ride a motorcycle for an hour to reach the fishing village since this boat will only stop at the town pier. When we arrived at the town, I asked help from him too where I can get a hotel or any room for accommodation. He brought me to the only and small motel here. I really thanked the guy for helping me. But how stupid that you did not get his name and number just in case something happens to you. I couldn't concentrate anymore. I am nervous, excited, scared and not sure of what I will get from here.

I inquired at the lobby of this cheap motel but how unlucky I am that they do not have vacant rooms anymore. Only three rooms are functional, all occupied and the rest are still under maintenance.

It's getting late and I don't have a choice but to ask from the receptionist if I can sleep at the lobby, use the bathroom and I will pay the same rate just like getting a room. He was so good and he allowed me. He did not even accept my payment anymore. It actually took long for us to understand each other because he just only knows how to say yes or no in English.

The next day, I roamed around the town, it's sad to admit, but this is really a poor place. I can't imagine how Jennie survives here. I don't even know what she does here. I reached the motorcycle terminal. I inquired but they told me that there are also mini bus that goes to the fishing village but I should be back tomorrow as there is no schedule of trips today. How unlucky of you, Lisa!