Twelve| 十二

Where a country returns from exile

A/N: Hear me out. I know you wanna go back to the war saga and Tanjiro meeting you, but I have been neglecting the Countryhumans side of this story. You have been missing for a long time, after all.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Enough is enough."

The country glared at the older one who looked offended by his interruption. The former did not care since his patience was running thin. He had had enough of these impromptu visits from the man who was only interested in causing trouble.

It had been roughly one and a half years since ■■■■■■ went missing. Eighty weeks for those who wanted to be accurate. At this point, more countries began to be concerned.

While it was pretty normal for the female to vanish from radar in her adventures, she never went completely silent. Especially since the last major war ended. She made it a point to visit a country at least once every three months. Even then, she was always unpredictable.

However, she had been gone for so long and whenever countries asked each other, they would get no answer. Members of Operation Recurrence made sure to give reasonable excuses in order to ease the tension. Of course, no one knew such a team existed except for its twelve members.

You might wonder, twelve? But it was nine the last time!

Well, if an influential person like her managed to befriend countries who had good relations with others, they would be more trustworthy in her search. Brazil, Egypt and India were sought out and welcomed into the secret investigation. This was beneficial since all continents were locked down and the search would be easier.

It was when Christmas passed without a word from ■■■■■■ that people began to get suspicious. She was quite vocal when it came to her favourite holiday and always made sure to visit Russia to have a party. Even though she hated the snow, she mentioned how she felt nostalgic since her first Christmas as a time traveller was spent in the mammoth country.

Russia was not worried at first when his friend suddenly went silent. He thought that she was busy going undercover for a mission or something since her abilities made her practically undetectable. When Christmas passed, however, he knew something went amiss.

And it involved the annoyed country before him.

Britain had been making frequent courtesy visits asking for his father under the guise of wanting a friendly talk with him. Obviously it was bullshit as their relationship was pretty bad even before the Cold War. Using his keen observation skills, he saw how the posh country was tense around him.

At that moment, he suspected that ■■■■■■ suddenly going quiet and UK looking for his father was connected. He was unsure, but he was going to get answers no matter what to satisfy his curiosity.

"Excuse me?" Britain asked, still trying to be civil but his mask was slowly cracking, about to reveal his anger and irrational side.

"Save the excuses, Englishman. I have already figured it out why you want to see my father." He spat, crossing his arms as they stood in his private office in his summer house located in St Petersburg.

The Russian did not expect the man to visit him there of all places. It seemed UK realised that paying visits to his government office would cause rumours to surface. While he appreciated the thought of privacy, Russia disliked the person he had to share that moment with.