Twenty Three|二十三

Where you celebrate your 10th year anniversary in Demon Slayer

A/N: Hello my lovelies. Its been a while. Now that Tanjiro has gotten some unexpected assistance, watch him speed run and get stronger. English is in Italics.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I have returned."

Kokushibou had just arrived back at the house you shared with him. You wouldn't consider it a home but it was quite comfortable and warm especially during the cold nights in the hill. The sun was about to rise in a few hours and he was returning from training Tanjiro during the night as you all agreed.

Kokushibou was to train him at night for six hours while you were to train him at day time for six hours; leaving him with 12 hours to eat, bathe, train on his own and sleep. This would happen for five days in a week, the last one being an assessment from both human and demon. Tanjiro would have two days to himself to rest up before starting another week with the same routine.

It had been three weeks since you began the training and Tanjiro was doing quite well. As much as you admired him for being a kind soul, you were not being lenient when in training. Your main focus was speed, flexibility and reflexes while your companion's was strength and fighting techniques since this involved breathing styles.

As much as you wanted to teach him other fighting styles, you realised that it would only confuse the poor guy who had not even mastered water breathing and total concentration breathing. Not to mention you had no breathing style of your own, solely depending on your abilities and the fact you were from a different universe.

When you were training Tanjiro, Kokushibou would be left in the house to do his thing. Mostly meditating or sleeping to regain energy from the lack of eating human flesh. At night, you would rest while Kokushibou did his part or join in to watch them if you felt like it.

However, you had not showed up that night since you had gone to Germany to get information about the treaty after the war ended a few months ago. Since Germany was considered as the victor after France requested the armistice, they were to set the terms of the agreement.

The process was yet to be finalised but from what you knew so far, France and Britain was going to have it rough. You had no idea if Japan would be involved. If it was, you could only hope it would not affect the plot.

That personal investigation took you the whole night since you had to sneak into government buildings and avoid guards in order to eavesdrop on the discussions. By the time you teleported back to Japan and began to rest, Kokushibou showed up to your dismay.

"Welcome back." You responded from your room. You walked to the living room while tying your hair into a ponytail and found him there with his usual stoicism.

'Do I tell him that I haven't slept at all? Nah, I still have to make food for Tanjiro, Kokushibou and myself. Plus, I need Tanjiro to finish training as soon as possible so as to go to the Final Selection this year.' You thought to yourself. Unfortunately for you, the demon was a keen observer.

"I can tell that...you have not slept."

"Of course you have." I let out a yawn while covering my mouth with the back of my hand. "I was checking on the treaty that is to be signed soon. No information about Japan thus far."

He hummed at the update, scanning your exhausted figure. He knew your sleeping schedule was already screwed over since the moment he came into the picture. Especially during the war when they fought at night. If you were forcing yourself not to rest in order to oversee the training of his brother's successor, then it must be very important.