C H A P T E R 5

"Shit!" Onyx stressed as her car rolled onto the shoulder of the road

"Shit!" Onyx stressed as her car rolled onto the shoulder of the road. Her eyes were heavy and red from her battle of Troy. She lowered her head on her steering wheel and sobbed as life had completely wounded her. The only time she would allow herself to be vulnerable was by her lonesome. People were untrustworthy and rooted in their self-gratification.

Onyx stepped from the inside of her car warmth and walked towards her tire blowout. It was like the world mocked her.

"This shit cannot be happening to me! Fuck," she screamed as her Ugg hit the tire. The back of her hands passed her face to try to hold in the tears of grief. Kwame. He had brought death to her without taking her life. Years she had put into it, just to realize it was all a lie. She was the other woman. It had rocked her core. Her knees weakened as she slid down her door buried her head in her knees and wept.

Onyx didn't lift her head when she heard the car approaching from behind she knew exactly who it belonged to. Even the sound of his Stacy Adams didn't seem to snap her from her trance.

"Onyx. Come on, just let me take you to the house. I'll explain all this shit. This ain't the way I wanted you to find out," Kwame begged.

"No," she whispered.

"Onyx, come on. I know you still haven't put the spare in the trunk. Let me just take you home."

He leaned down and moved her dreads from the front of her face. Holding her face by her chin as it finally dawned on him how much he had hurt this young girl. The one he should have never got involved with, his student. He had taken Onyx on a marathon of life from her Junior year of college till now her first year in her master's program. Covering his lies, and second life with ease. His fiancée had turned to wife and then to the mother of his child. The way she looked at him, he knew that those pouty lips would only part to give him nauseated words.

"Don't touch me. You fucking liar! Get the fuck away from me," she barrowed as he heart deflated in full. " I hate you, I hate that you did this shit to me. You completely lowered me to a mistress Kwame. Why would you do that to me? I was fucking another woman's husband," she sobbed. Kissing her teeth she stood running her hands over her skirt. She opened her passenger door and grabbed her crossbody, keys, and dead phone.

Her feet hit the pavement as she drowned out his calls. With each step she had to fight herself from falling over in pain. 2 and a half years of her life were completely cracked by that ring of the doorbell. She had given her body to this man. His smooth words fought her conscious relaying that their unorthodox relationship was so inappropriate. She was his Teacher's Assistant, but she soon became more.

The car rode against the gravel next to her cause her eyes to shift up. "Hey hun, you need a ride?" The old white man asked as he rolled alongside her in his pickup. Her face flared before she pushed forward.

"I'm good!"

"You sure, It's getting dark out here and it's a be a shame if something happened to a pretty little thang like you," he grinned as she took in a view of his scraggly teeth. Onyx walked closer to the median praying that this man just left her alone.