Book one-1: Just the Start

Loud screams of horror and hysterical laughter could be heard near and far as the latest prey was killed after hiding and running their legs off for almost two whole weeks. The longest anyone has gotten to surviving as prey has been a month. Everyone was summoned to the large auditorium as the seven reapers made themselves known in the middle one by one making a circle to be sure that all of them knew just who they were running from.

"Nanami from A-1 is now dead, Her protectors were cowards and couldn't protect her nor give her the strength to continue on. So the game continues, who shall be next?" One of the reapers stated calmly as the distorted voice echoed around the room

Everyone was given a magical script of all of the people that were within the auditorium. The classes all knew who they wanted gone who couldn't keep up with hiding with the rest of them that was a mere failure at best. After the hour of voting was completed it was anonyms that Reyna Militia was going to be their new prey. Reyna Militia was a young D-4 student who had red hair and green eyes. She was taken from her seat by magic and placed in the circle of reapers.

"Good, a prey has been selected. Prey you now have two days to find yourself two protectors and come back here with them. All Seven of us will be waiting to see whom you pick."

The reapers left without another word and Reyna looked around unsure of who she should try to ask. So she tried to use her social skills to be able to as those in A-class for assistance. People rejected her, so she went to B-class-she was also rejected by them. The next day she tried with C Class, none of them wanted anything to do with her. She began to panic, she didn't want to die without protectors.

On the second day she asked those in the same class as her-She was rejected once more. She was afraid of what would happen to her if she were to stand in front of the reapers without protectors. But she braved out walking into the auditorium on her own and she faced the seven reapers one to seven. The reapers weren't happy that she didn't come up to them with two protectors.

"You have no protectors-why?" One of them asked

"I've been rejected by all classes, no one wishes to protect me." Reyna said sadly

The reapers weren't happy that the prey that was chosen just so they could kill her off since no one liked her. Everyone was summoned back into the auditorium as two reapers had a hand on her shoulders. Their fingers were firm and tight on her-she was scared at what was going to happen to her as she saw one of the reapers take their hood off of their heads. He had shoulder length black hair and purple eyes-which memorized Reyna when she saw how handsome he looked in her eyes.

"ALL OF YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO THE GAME OF THE REAPERS! YOU ALL HAVE SINGLE HANDEDLY PICKED THIS GIRL FOR WHAT?! TO KILL HER?! I THINK NOT! AS PER THE RULES THAT ALL OF YOU HAVE AGREED TO FOLLOW SINCE BEING HERE TWO OF YOU WILL BE SELECTED BY THE PREY HERSELF! THEN SHE WILL BE SELECTING THREE OF YOU TO DIE IN FRONT OF ALL OF YOU SO THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN AGAIN!"

Everyone was silent as they heard just how angry the reaper was. The male then looked at Reyna. "What is your name miss?"

"R-Reyna...R-Reyna Militia sir." She said timid and flustered

"Hey don't be scared, we're not going to kill you yet. This is supposed to be a little game and you were fucked over." He said as he booped her nose with his finger "My name is Avery. I lead the reapers. Now tell me which two of the students would you like as your protectors that you think could do you well enough to survive?"

Reyna was in thought for a moment before she looked at him. "Hyun Santos for sure and Julio Sanchez"

"Good-good. Now I want you to think very well on this. Who do you want gone? Who do you think deserves to be punished?" Avery asked

Reyna shook her head. "I don't need to think about it. There are three people who basically are the control dummies for those against you guys. Astra Esta, Omar Esta, and Andy Esta"

"Three A-class idiots huh? Well their class is the biggest one that hasn't yet been touched that much. We'll do that first." Avery said patting the top of her head softly

"Looks like our prey has finally made her choice for death and for protectors. Astra, Omar and Andy Esta its time for you to die"

Reyna saw the two reapers on either side of her leave as well as one other that was behind her go into the A class section to grab the female and two males. Astra screamed out that she didn't want to die and wiggled in the arms of the reapers that took her down to the middle. When the three of them were down Avery one by one sliced their heads off with a curved scythe before he wiped it off.

"Now...for her protectors. Julio Sanchez, Hyun Santos come down here you've been chosen by the Prey"

The two males instantly got up and rushed down not wanting to have happen to them what they just saw happen to three A-Class students. Avery adjusted their minds so they'd be loyal to protecting Reyna, he then gave Reyna a folded up long piece of paper. "Take this, it has clues to the mystery mystical items you'll need to get and places where you're able to hide."

She took it with both of her hands. "T-Thank you."

"You officially have an hour to hide prey...good luck."

Avery and the other reapers disappeared with a dark chuckle. Reyna went up to Hyun and Julio. "Where should we start?"

"We've been hiding away from the reapers whenever a new prey is placed out there. We know where one of the items are." Julio, a male with dark blue hair and green eyes stated

"Then let's go." Reyna said with a smile

The three of them rushed off out of the auditorium as everyone else was scrambling out to hide themselves. They knew if they were out in the open or alone that they'd be killed. When they had gotten close to the item the three of them felt a very familiar chill.

"Time to play prey, we're coming to get you"

Julio managed to get the item just as one of the reapers had found them, he threw it to Reyna and it turned into a wand which she used to revert the reaper back to their normal selves which knocked them out. Julio looked stunned. "Holy shit! What the fuck did you wish for?"

"I wished for something to turn them back to their regular selves. This only has six charges left-we need to keep going." Reyna said seriously

"Right, you have the map right?" Hyun-an albino male with dark skin asked

She nodded her head and got it out placing it on the table quickly. "So we're here." Hyun said pointing to a place on the far right of the map. "And we now have the item that's circled there."

"Looks like there are six more items making seven items in total to be able to get out of this hell hole." Julio stated

"Yeah, so...our next bet is to find a way to the next building without getting caught by another reaper or anyone they may have killed looking for us." Reyna said in thought

"I am a dragon, I can fly us to the next place." Hyun stated

"Are you sure that's a good idea? They could spot you and chase us all into that place." Reyna asked concerned

He huffed out. "Yeah, you got a point there. We'll figure it out as we get closer. The more we stay here the more of a chance you'll get killed. Let's get moving."

She nodded her head and she folded the map up placing it in her pocket before she left out with the two males. As they got close to the exit of the building they noticed how many people had died.

"Holy shit people have gotten stupid....what are we supposed to do they're just staring at the exit." Julio asked Reyna

"There's another exit on the other side. It'll take us longer but it'll be better than getting nommed on by the zombies out there." Reyna said as she looked at Julio