Chapter 2

(Y/N)'s POV

"Excuse me for asking, who are you?" I sped to walk by his side. A polite smile plastering on my face.

"I'll answer your questions when I get to the living room." He spoke with an air of light annoyance and he didn't bother to look at me.

I dropped the smile and let myself fall behind with Yui. We followed his quick strides into a huge room. It had a semi-small yet elegant seating arrangement in the center of the room.

"I did not hear anything about you two arriving. Who are you two?" He gestured for us to sit down. We both took the deep blue couch.

"Ayato," He turned his head to the armchair near us as he appeared out of thin air. My eyes widened at the sight of it. "Explain this to me at once."

"Whaat?" Yui gasped at his words, she hadn't noticed him there before. "How am I supposed to know? Pancake here interrupted my sleep."

"Hey, I would have said something if you gave me the time!" She moved to the edge of the couch, ready to jump off. "Pancake? And who are you calling Pancake? My name is Yui Komori."

"You really are an idiot. If you didn't notice you are as flat as one." Ayato propped his legs on the coffee table. "And you hit me with a book!" He jabbed his finger at me.

"And I would do it again!" I glared at him. He's so high and mighty for what?

"Oh, have two cute humans come to visit us?" A voice from high above rang out. Yui and I snapped in the voice's direction.

The voice came from a boy wearing a fedora leaning over the ledge upstairs. "You both look gorgeous." He disappeared as if he was just a hallucination.

"And you smell delicious too." His voice came from behind me. I could feel his icy breath against my neck too. I jump up and spin on my heel to see him turn to Yui with a devious smirk.

Yui shrieked as he licked her cheek. "This one tastes delicious." He smirked and winked at me.

I balled up my fists. What do I do about this? Fighting them seems like a fatal lost cause. But I can't let my friend be put out in front of them on a platter.

A boy with lavender hair walked over with a Teddy bear close to his chest. "Please, may I have a taste too?" He licked her other cheek, making her shriek for a second time.

"I am feeling peckish. Can I bite?" The shorter boy lowered towards her neck. I watched her face pale in horror.

My anger fuels me to finally act instead of just standing around. I can't back down. My skin warmed like furnace and I took her hand pulling her up and away.

A cold hand wrapped itself around my waist and another went across to the other shoulder. They pulled me away, the last thread to my spur of the moment plan snapped. I was encased by this person. She fell back into reach of the lavender-haired boy.

My eyes darted around me and saw the boy in a fedora missing. I thrashed in his arms in hopes of escape. His grip only tightened, confining me more. It hurt with how tight he held me.

"I just want to have a taste." His head lowered to my collarbone. I brought my foot down as hard as I could against his foot, but nothing happened.

"Hey! Get off I spotted them first! Yours truly will be their first everything!" Ayato shouted at the two boys holding us.

The fedora-donned boy loosed in his grasp only to twist and look at Ayato. "You already claim these two? That's not fair."

His hold on me was still loose. With a deep breath, I took my chance. I spun around and pushed as fast as I could. I fell back against the couch next to Yui.

I slowly peeled my eyes open to see that he got pushed back at least an inch. His eyes slightly wide before he returned to his sly smirk.

"Claim what? No one has claimed anything." I snapped at the two, my brows furrowing. They are all so strange. 

"Ugh, I'm sick of you calling yourself yours truly, Ayato." the disembodied voice groaned. I would have to agree with the voice, despite only hearing it once. Everyone I have met here was bothersome in one way or another.

"What? I know that is you, Subaru. Come out from where you're hiding with your stupid face!" He called out to anyone that would answer.

"I'm right here." He grumbled, leaning against a wall next to an entrance. He had snow-white hair swept to the side, covering one of his eyes. His clothes had holes at the end. "What are pathetic mortals like you two doing here?"

"Where did you come from?" Yui jumped seeing the snow white boy.

"Answer my question first!" He yelled, slamming his fist against the wall. A huge crater in the foundation appeared around his hand with many cracks surrounding it.

She jumped to her feet. "I need to call my father. There must be a mistake." She fished around in her shorts' pocket. Ayato pulled her phone out of his pocket from when he snatched it earlier.

"Looking for this?" He waved it around as she came quickly to his side

"Hey! That's mine! Give that back to me right now!" She reached over to him trying desperately to reach his arm and grab her phone.

I stuck my hands in my pockets and felt my phone still inside. It would be best if I kept my mouth shut about that.

The boy in the fedora has since sat down and wrapped his arm around me. I shoved him off of me with shocked fingertips.

Subaru took the pink flip phone from Ayato's elevated grasp.

"Hey, what are you going to do with it?" Yui moved off of Ayato and started to move towards Ayato.

"This," Subaru's grasp tightened until the phone broke loudly in his hand.

Yui gasped at the sight. "You broke my phone." Her eyes were glued to the shards on the carpeted floor.

"Settle down, we need to figure this out." Reiji tried to form a sense of order once more.

"I wonder...are you two the ones that guy told me about?" A voice from far behind me spoke. I turned my head to see a blonde boy lounging on a couch.

"You know something about this, Shu?" The lavender boy turned to him.

"Maybe," He only said that one word.

"Ugh, stop with this maybe crap. Either you know or not." Ayato joined the conversation.

"I got a call from some guy. He said that these two would be coming to stay with us and to show them respect." His eyes remained shut.

"So this isn't a mistake. So they are like sacrifices" The boy who held me chimed in.

"Also we are not allowed to kill them."

"So we are going to spend a lot of time together. There won't be any need for that pesky phone of yours." He turned to me. "You have a phone?" He came to me with quick strides.

"No, I don't." I quickly blurted out, my heart beating fast. I snuck a hand into my pocket and felt my phone gone, my eyes widened.
_______________________________________
1260 words