05- July

When I got back from my wander for connection, I saw Elon. I knew that the rest of the boys were there too.

I didn't want them there. Madeline didn't even ask.

When I enter the Bunker, Mads was sat on Tobias, he was drinking some sort of alcohol.

I really try not to show my anger although I was pissed. I didn't invite Leo everywhere we went- that's even if he'd come. I'd at least ask mads first. I could tell by Mads' face that she sees nothing wrong.

Someone throws a seed at me- the type from the wheat-looking weeds. It gets stuck in my hair, I felt a pinch on where in hit. I turn around and it is Elli.

I roll my eyes. "Stop that hurts." I say and he smiles slightly then throws another. I crack a smile because someone is paying attention to me. My own boyfriend couldnt even do that. I let him throw them, I pretend that I didn't want him to. I did.

"You've got something in your hair." Elli says, he stands right in front of me, his hands connected by his crotch. His chain catches the light of the sunset, his eyes locked to my face. "Aren't you with that Leo guy?" He asks.

"Yes, I am. Why?" I reply. I often forget I'm with Leo. It doesn't ever feel like I'm with him. Maybe thats why I'm letting Elli get just a bit closer to me.

"You do know the rumours about him, right?"

"Yes." I reply too fast for it to be truthful. I had no clue what Elli was on about, but I went along with it. I wanted him to think I was cool enough for drama to be spread to me.

"The one where he cut up somebody's insides? He's a neek. He's like Edward Scissor Hands, his nails are so long." Elli says, laughing at his own joke. I almost laughed too yet I was mortified that I didn't know.

"They're not, actually. They're normal size." I lie. Well, I didn't lie but I didn't know how long his nails were. I didn't think they were long. But now thinking about it, Elli could be right. I just didn't know. I'm embarrassed.

"Yeah, yeah. Say that to the girl who got her insides cut up." Elli throw another seed at me, this time, it annoyed me.

All of a sudden, I wanted to go home.

I look at Madeline, she doesnt look back. I felt alone. When the boys are here, it's like I'm not.

"Flora, is this your bag?" Elli says, rummaging through it. I was just pissed off. But I didn't make him stop, I was supposed to be cool. Nonchalant.

"That's my bag, yes." I sigh and Madeline gets up from Tobias. Tobias goes through my bag too. "I need to go home soon." I whisper to Mads. I lied. I had hours yet. I just didn't want to be here anymore.

"Oh, okay." Madeline sounded almost sad. She didn't have the right to be sad. She was borderline ignoring me like Tobias ignores her.

"What's this?" Tobias asks, taking out a tampon. Those tampons were the more expensive ones, the ones that didn't get squashed in my handbag. The ones that my mum could rarely afford. He opens the wrapper. I have wondered before if they knew what privacy is.

"That's my tampon." I say to him and he drops the wrapper and tries to eject the cotton. "You did that wrong." I say, trying to stay calm. I didn't want to seem annoyed although I was. Really annoyed.

"How do you do it then?"

"Extend that bit there then push." I explain to him and he shrugs, I felt Elli's eyes on me. I ignored them though.

I go back to the area I was a minute ago for my phone and it wasn't there. I already knew who took it. It was Elli.

"Elli, give me my phone." I tell him. I was planning on needing to go soon. 

"Don't have it." he smirks to himself as if his mischievous endeavours amused me too. They didn't.

I see my phone in his pocket. I reach for his wrist before trying to snatch my phone back. He then uses his other hand to grab my phone and runs away.

For a moment, I wonder if I should chase after him. Would I be cool to do that? Should I act like I didn't care. I knew he had to give it to me at some point. But the spotlight was on me, even for a second. So I ran.

We pass the three steps, following the path to the other bunkers there. "Ignore what those lot have been saying about me liking you and shit." He says, my phone held above him head.

I knew he was lying. He was smiling and he was paying too much attention to me. I was his spotlight and I knew whatever they were saying, they were probably right.

"Like, about me wanting to fuck you and stuff." He says and the way he drags the conversation on makes me believe him even less.

"Okay." I say and try to snatch my phone again.

Like cat and mouse, I chase him around the park, trying to get my phone back. I even try and tell him that I'm going to be late. We were running for half an hour before I give in. I gave up.

I sat back down next to Tobias and Madeline. They barley realised I sat down. They weren't talking to each other. They was just there.

When Elli comes back, I stand up. "Give me my phone Elli." I say, I was fed up yet was ravenous for the attention.

When we walk out of the area together, we were alone. It wasn't uncomfortable around him ever. He was easy to talk to. Even if we ran out of words it wouldn't be awkward. At least I had that.

Elli had blue eyes, they were dark though. They look at me as I search around for my phone, though I believe that it's in his pockets still. He said he threw it somewhere. He swears by it. I knew he was lying but I played along.

"Do you actually have to go? I don't want you being shouted at by your mum or anything." He says, I could tell he was genuine, there had not undertones to his voice to tell me otherwise.

"Yes, I do. Give it back,"

"It's down there." he says and he points to a small hill. I refused to go down there- I didn't really believe it was down there.

We both walked back in the area, Elon comes back from where ever he was before.

"How was your fuck, guys?" Tobias asks us and I roll my eyes. I wonder what Elli said behind my back for them to jab at him.

"Shut up." Elli rolls his eyes then turns to Elon. "Elon, go get Flora's phone." Elli tells him.

"Where is it?" Elon asks. I knew that out of all of them, Elon was the least liked. I liked him- he seemed nice.

Elon and everyone else follows Elli to the hill. "Down there." They all look down as Elon runs down the hill and Elli nudges me. I turn to him, the phone was in his hand. He puts his finger against his lip, telling me to not tell anyone. I don't.

I smile. I felt Elli watching me. I ignored the feeling again.