Trapped: Panic

JJs POV

"Fuck, drive faster John B," I link my hand with Masons shaky hand, both of us sharing a nervous expression, "She's been home alone for fucking hours now."

"Rafe was dealing with stealing the cross from us, JJ," Sarah twists in the front passenger seat to look at me, "I doubt he had time to go by the house and mess with her." 

"He saw she wasn't with us." Mason states in a strained voice, "He had a head start since we crashed Kie's dads truck and had to run all the way to the church for the Twinkie. If he fucking.." He shakes his head, his jaw clenched, "if he went to the house to mess with her, I'm going to kill him."

"Look the lights are on." Pope points out the window, "See, she's fine."

Mason and I both scramble out of the van first, running to the door. My heart sinks when I see the door partially open, the wood broken like someone kicked it in, I look at Mason with wide eyes before turning back to see the shocked expressions of my friends, "No.."

Mason barrels inside, "Riley? Princess?" He dashes up the stairs, so I follow after him, "Baby?"

"Princess?" I slam into the back of Mason inside of Riley's room, steadying him by the waist so he doesn't fall, though my eyes roam the empty room, making my heart clench to the point that I can barely breathe, "No.. N-No."

"She's gone." Mason turns to me, though his eyes flicker behind me, "He took her."

"Come on." John B takes off down the stairs, all of us follow after him while my chest heaves from my stupid panic attack.

I slam the van door shut behind me and drop into the back seat, my hand pressing into my chest, "F..uck."

"Breathe, Jay." Mason cups my face, "We'll get her back, even if it's the last thing we do."

"Go to my house." Sarah sniffles, "He probably went there to get ready to take her wherever he plans to run off to next." 

"She... she can't handle him hurting her again." I choke out, "We shouldn't have left her behind."

"I know, but we can't do anything about that now." Mason pulls me into his arms, rubbing his hands down my back, "We'll find her."

~~~~~

We've been sitting outside the Tannyhill for a while now, the stupid box truck that Rafe stole the cross in has been out front, my Princess is probably inside the house right now going through horrible things. Fuck. I feel so bad about leaving her behind, and I can tell Mason is slowly unraveling as the minutes tick by, he's probably worried like I am that our girl could be being.. raped right now and we're sitting here like scaredy cats, but we don't want to make things worse for her if Rafe sees us before we can get her to safety, we all know he will use the stupid gun on her or us. 

We're down a pogue since Shoupe stopped us by the wreck of Kiara's dads truck and made her go with him since her parents reported the truck as missing. So she had to go home and face the wrath of her strict dad, which I feel bad about. I helped her steal it, so I feel like I influenced her to do it and now she's taking all the blame, but we needed it to pull the Twinkie out of the marsh. 

My stupid dad was at the Chateau when we stopped by there to grab the winch, which led to me yelling at Kie to let me use the truck to take my dad to the marina to drop him off so he could steal his friends boat to run from the cops. So now my dads gone from my life for good and I feel like shit for treating Kiara so badly. I sort of pushed her into the side of the truck while I was yelling at her, I saw the same fear in her eyes that I saw when I had pinned Riley to her bedroom wall during our fight at the beginning of the summer, that hurt. I've put my hands on a girl two times now within a few months, which scares the hell out of me.